The days of summer are sadly beginning to dwindle, the temperatures are only continuing to rise, meaning it’s the perfect time to stay inside and catch up on our favorite Netflix shows. Before the demands of school are back in full swing, take advantage of your down time and binge watch a few of these food-centric shows.

1. The Mind of a Chef

netflix

Photo courtesy of pbs.org

This TV show features a culinary great, David Chang, as he explores different cuisines around the world by highlighting some of the world’s greatest chefs, their inspirations, and how they got to where they are today. The show has featured such topics ranging from the noodle and its origins, to Senegal and how it has influenced American flavors.

2. Chopped

netflix

Photo courtesy of foodnetwork.com

Chopped is one of those shows where I casually turn it on, and before I know it I continue to click on to the next episode as I become entranced by the rounds of mystery ingredients. There is something about how someone can combine spam and strawberry preserve into something even remotely appetizing that is utterly captivating.

Try out this game if you’re wanting to add an extra level of excitement to your Netflix marathon.

3. Chef’s Table

netflix

Photo courtesy of Netflix.com

If you want to see some of the most beautiful and aesthetically-pleasing food imaginable, then this is the show for you. Each episode of Chef’s Table documents another of one of the best chefs in the world, explaining their journey to where they are today, and taking you inside their kitchen to give you a firsthand look at their incredible 5-star food. Mix up a couple fancy appetizers to go along with a few of these episodes.

4. Cooked

netflix

photo courtesy of Netflix.com

For anyone even remotely interested in food sustainability this documentary series is a must. Created by one of the pioneers of the food sustainability movement, Michael Pollan, it explores the four elements of the earth and man’s evolving relationship with food.  This four-part series is incredibly tangible and interesting.  Whether interested in the topic or not, it’s worth a watch.

5. Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown

netflix

Photo courtesy of CNN.com

The perfect show for when you want to be anywhere else but where you are currently. Anthony Bourdain explores some of the the most exotic cultures through the lens of food. When you are in need of a staycation, binge watch a few of these episodes on Netflix along with a some of these recipes to be enriched by new cultures and flavors.

Take some time these remaining days of summer to deepen your food knowledge and binge watch one (or a few) of these worthy shows on Netflix.