Creating our own workout methods and being consistent with them has always been a struggle. Being ADHD college students, it is too easy to only meet our gym goals half way when we have all the flexibility in the world to get up and leave on our own time.

Back in high school, we were able to receive workouts through gym classes and various sports teams. These can be identified as a sort of “forced” workout plan. Unfortunately, this doesn’t necessarily come as an option for us college students, for obvious reasons.

We’ve sought out by personal experience, along with the media and friends, these trendy group workouts that are becoming all the rage — and better yet, transformative.

1. SoulCycle

workouts

Photo courtesy of independent.co.uk

Seeing stars (the good kind): Lady Gaga, Demi Lovato, and Katie Holmes are just a few to name that have joined the movement. This 45-minute high-intensity workout will get you hooked. Not only will you come out with the trendiest apparel, you will be sore for days on end. In a dark, candle-lit room, you’ll be motivated by your energetic instructor leading you to the rhythm of loud pump-up music that will make you never want to stop cycling.

2. Orange Theory

workouts

Photo courtesy of boltpr.com

Orange you glad I didn’t say banana? Orange Theory’s workout consists of an intense 30 minutes dedicated towards cardio and another 30 minutes for strengthening, which creates a perfect balance that’ll keep you energized. It’s always fun to have a little competition, and Orange Theory does exactly that with TV screens tracking every participant’s scores based on calories burned and heart rate. This class will keep you motivated and drenched.

3. The Bar Method

workouts

Photo courtesy of thebarmethod.com

The bar method offers a one-hour barre class to strengthen your body. The program offers 18 different exercises, including arm work, thigh work, seat work, round back, flat back, curl, back dancing, and final stretch, in order to tone and strengthen your body and mind. These classes will make your arms, legs and back look more toned than ever. Plus, Natalie Portman and Zooey Deschanel love this ballet-inspired workout.

4. Hot Yoga

workouts

Photo courtesy of body-rituals.com

Burning toxins while finding my inner zen? Count me in. Hot yoga appeals to all ages, and even stars like Reese Witherspoon and Vanessa Hudgens are doing it. Most hot yoga rooms are set to a temperature of 104°F at maximum, having you sweating by just being there. Practicing deep stretches and poses in a soothing environment causes your body to become flexible and at ease. Yoga is great for the body and soul, and buddha within.

Stay trendy and fit by finding these types of workouts at a nearby location.