Veggies sometimes get a bad rep but there are a lot of really good recipes out that can help you get all the important vitamins and fibre. Too often, we eat vegetables as a side dish or in a salad with our lunch or dinner, but vegetables can be added to make some really good breakfast recipes too.

There's actually a lot of reasons to sneak these bad boys into your first meal of the day. 

They taste great

egg, spinach, vegetable, asparagus, egg yolk
Amanda Shulman

With resources like Spoon University, there are so many great recipes out there for breakfast. Gone are the days when vegetables were something your mom had to force on you at the dinner table — if you get creative, veggies can taste way better than your bowl of cereal. 

They add some colour

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like your classic bacon and eggs breakfast, but adding in some vegetables can really liven up a meal. Scrambling in some veggies to your eggs or adding a green smoothie on the side can add a freshness to really start your day right (plus, the colours make your food porn look even better).

They're versatile 

sauce, chicken
Jordan Gottlieb

Vegetables can be added into your breakfast in some pretty cool ways. From sweet potato breakfast bowls to pumpkin french toast, the possibilities are endless. The best part is they can be enjoyed in savoury or sweet recipes, so they're good no matter what you're in the mood for. 

Your body needs a certain amount daily

vegetable, spinach, herb, salad, cabbage, kale
Sarah Silbiger

University-aged students need 7-10 servings of vegetables a day. Even though most people eat more than one serving at a time, it still takes a fair amount of vegetables to meet your daily requirements. Eating vegetables in the morning can help you get some of those servings in early. 

Overall, there aren't really any reasons why you shouldn't add in this important food group to your breakfast recipes. They taste good, they look good and they're good for you. Win, win, win.