There are healthy snack alternatives to tons of delicious, but unhealthy foods. Companies like Halo TopThe Complete Cookie®, and P.S. Snacks have created products to keep you snacking with way fewer calories. While these are definitely more nutritious than the originals, I'll admit they don't always satisfy my cravings. However, there are a few healthy alternatives to junk food that do actually taste good.

Here are my three personal favorites, in no particular order:

1. Simply CHEETOS® Puffs White Cheddar Cheese

Brandi Bangle

CHEETOS® Puffs are a perfect party snack, but just because they're orange doesn't mean they have the nutritional value of carrots. Simply CHEETOS® Puffs White Cheddar are a healthy snack alternative to the traditional tasty CHEETOS®. While they may not look exactly like CHEETOS®, you will quickly come to love them.

Brandi Bangle

To compare, CHEETOS® Puffs have about 160 calories per 16 pieces, while Simply CHEETOS® Puffs White Cheddar have about 160 calories per 32 pieces. For this larger serving size, it has less fat, less sugar, and the same amount of carbohydrates. Moreover, this type of CHEETOS® is made from organic cornmeal. You can search stores that carry them here.

2. Foodstirs Organic Chocolate Chippy Cookie Mix

Brandi Bangle

Practically everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. They're definitely my favorite sweet treat, but they're not exactly nutritious. But, there are healthier options for this delicious dessert. My personal favorite is Foodstirs cookie mix. But you don't need to take my word for it, just read the reviews.

According to the website, "...they’re made with clean, high quality ingredients like organic fair trade chocolate chips, organic cane sugar and organic unbleached wheat flour." 

And they're absolutely delicious. They completely satisfy my chocolate chip cookie craving, and at only 70 calories per cookie. This mix has far less carbohydrates and sugars than most cookie mixes, but just as much flavor and chocolatey goodness. 

Brandi Bangle

You can purchase them on the Foodstirs website and Amazon. You can also find which stores sell their products here. In the past, I have bought this mix at Food Lion and Lowe's Foods.

3. Barbeque Pop Chips

Brandi Bangle

Chips are a snack that is easily to eat mindlessly: you look down and the bag is empty. Pop Chips are a healthy snack alternative to most fried chips and tortilla chips, with no added preservatives except citric acid, no artificial flavors, and no synthetic colors. They are also gluten free, vegan, non-GMO, and kosher. Not to mention they have no cholesterol and 0 grams trans fat.

There are 130 calories for about 20 chips with 4.5g of fat. Compare this to LAY'S® Barbecue Flavored Chips which have 150 calories and 9g of fat for about 15 chips. Even SIMPLY LAY'S® Barbecue Flavored Thick Cut Chips have 150 calories and 9g of fat for 17 chips. 

But don't worry, you still taste the tang and smoke that you love in a barbecue chip with these Pop Chips. 

Brandi Bangle

You can purchase them on Amazon.com and in some grocery stores. The website does not list the specific stores that carry their chips, but I found them at my local Target.

Overall, thanks to the food industry, there are more and more healthy snack alternatives out there. These three snacks will definitely suffice without the extra calories or fat ingredients. They are better for you, but don't sacrifice any flavor. Give them a try the next time you go grocery shopping!