People have been eating cheese practically forever (like, actually). Whether it’s the taste, the billion and one different types available on the market or just the fact that there’s a cheese drawer in nearly every refrigerator, there’s something about cheese that humans just can’t say no to.
As if you needed any excuse, here are 21 reasons why you love, love, love cheese.
1. First, just take this in:
Okay, moving on.
2. Cheese is every food’s BFF. Seriously, you can pair it with anything.
Macaroni and cheese. Broccoli and cheese. Wine and cheese. You and cheese.
3. Specifically, put it on something greasy.
You can totally put it on, like, french fries or burgers or nachos or whatever.
4. It’s one of the few foods that tastes better if you accidentally overcook it.
This crispy mac ‘n’ cheese you can make in a waffle iron is proof. You’re welcome.
5. Leftover cheese tastes just as good as first-meal cheese.
It may only be Wednesday but it’s also National Pizza Day! Grab a yummy slice like this one from Leo’s! #spoonfeed #pizza
A photo posted by @spoon_uf on Nov 12, 2014 at 11:21am PST
There’s a reason your pizza tastes so good the next morning.
6. It can be simple…
7. …or really f*cking sophisticated.
8. It’s probably the easiest food to serve at a party.
Cut it up and put it on a plate. Done. Here’s how.
9. For the healthy bunch, cheese is dairy. Dairy is on the food pyramid.
A balanced diet requires 2-3 servings of dairy a day. Questions?
10. Two words: mozzarella sticks.
You can get the recipe to make your own here.
11. Different countries have their own cheeses, so you’re actually super cultured.
Damn. Punny. (If you’re curious, here’s a master list of cheeses and where they’re from. Read up on yo’ shit.)
12. Cheese can be super portable and fun.
People who bite into string cheese are the people you don’t need in your life. You can thank cheese for helping you weed out the sketch-balls.
13. The line between “too much cheese” and “not enough cheese” is blurry at best, so no one’s allowed to judge you.
The limit does not exist. (Perfect answer for both math equations and excessive cheese intake.)
14. It’s the cornerstone of every delicious food.
15. But it’s also good enough all on its own.
It’s single, independent and don’t need no ham.
16. It was once one of Oprah’s favorite things. ‘Nuff said.
Want more of Oprah’s favorites? There’s a Pinterest board for that.
17. Easy Cheese: fast, convenient and nonperishable.
So when there’s a hurricane coming and your power goes out, cheese is still there for you.
18. Cheese is the ultimate comfort food.
Anything cheesy is good for curing the bleus. Erm… blues. Try this soup at The Copper Monkey to see what I mean.
19. If you’re planning to get drunk later, cheese got yo’ back.
That cheesy bread from Dominoes? Beer sponge.
20. But, most importantly, cheese will never let you down…
21. …and it’ll always be there for you when you need it.
More cheesy things to look at and eat: