We’re all still a bit disappointed that our Hogwarts letters never arrived, but at least we can live vicariously through Harry Potter’s son. Now that James Potter will be beginning school this year (and we’re officially old), all that’s left to do is take advantage of the occasion and imagine alllll the foods he’ll be eating this semester.

1. Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

On the Hogwarts Express tea trolley, James will encounter this unusual treat. Unlike candies known to us Muggles, Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans come in every flavor — even the gross ones, like earwax.

2. Chocolate Frogs

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of mugglenet.com

Careful, these little delights actually hop. Get your own here.

3. Pumpkin Pasties

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of playbuzz.com

These tiny, delicate pies are filled with pumpkin rather than the traditional meat and vegetables. They’re pretty much Harry Potter’s version of the pumpkin spice latte… #basic. If you really wanna get your own, you can make your own pumpkin spice donuts in the microwave. #college

4. Cauldron Cakes

Photo courtesy of flickr.com
Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Leave it to witches and wizards to eat cake shaped like a miniature cauldron.

5. Sugar Quills with Edible Ink

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

James might enjoy sugar quills, a lollipop version of the image above, while pretending to listen to his History of Magic lectures.

6. No-Melt Ice Cream

Harry Potter's son

Photo by Irene Kim

As the name suggests, this ice cream never melts. And apparently no-melt ice cream is becoming a thing, further proving my theory that the wizarding world actually does influence the Muggle world.

7. Fizzing Whizzbees

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

These are giant balls of sherbet that allow whoever eats them to float a few feet off the ground.

8. Bottomless (because magic) Plates of Sandwiches

Harry Potter's son

Photo by Jennifer Cao

Since Hogwarts is a land of witches and wizards, there have to be foods that never stop refilling themselves. And all these foods taste better in sandwich form.

9. Butterbeer!

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Why are Hogwarts kids allowed to drink as much of these mildly alcoholic beverages as they want and we in America have to wait until we are 21?

10. Potions

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Although potions aren’t necessarily a food, there are several cheese-based potions just in case James gets really hungry.

11. Rock Cakes at Hagrid’s

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Even though Hagrid is a notoriously bad cook and his rock cake is hard enough to break teeth, I am sure none of us would pass up the opportunity to share a meal with our favorite man on campus.

12. Skiving Snackboxes

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

When James visits the famous Weasley candy shop, he has the opportunity to try a Skiving Snackbox, which contains goodies such as nosebleed nougat and puking pastilles that make one appear sick to help him or her cut class.

13. Canary Creams

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

These taste and look like an ordinary cream puff, but once eaten, they can transform you into an actual canary.

14. Piroshky Draughts

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Wait, is there a gym at Hogwarts..? James is definitely going to need one after stuffing his face with these.

15. Cornish Pasty

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Next time you visit the Three Broomsticks, be sure to order this off the menu.

16. Acid Pops

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Be careful because these innocent-looking lollipops can burn a hole in your tongue.

17. Pumpkin Juice

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Muggles drink orange juice, but Hogwarts students drink pumpkin juice. Personally, I’d much rather have the pumpkin juice.

18. Sticky Toffee Pudding

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

This is a typical British dessert which is often mentioned in the Harry Potter series. It is made of a sponge cake filled with dates and covered with toffee sauce and ice cream.

19. Self-Propelling Custard Pie

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

The Weasley twins bewitched this pie to throw itself in the face of the enemy of your choosing. Unfortunately, we will have to be old school and throw this pie ourselves.

20. Cake

Harry Potter's son

Image courtesy of flickr.com

Last but not least, James Potter will have access to so much cake, he’ll probably get a stomachache. Not only will Hagrid, Mrs. Weasley, and Ginny probably bake him birthday cakes, but he will get to enjoy magically appearing cakes at every big Hogwarts feast.

Harry Potter's son

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Here’s to wishing James Potter a wonderful year at Hogwarts, and congrats on making Gryffindor.

But seriously, when do I get my letter?