Dorm rooms suck: they’re crowded, expensive, and sometimes your roommates eat all your food. But, living in a dorm can actually be nice. The trick is to decorate your dorm with food-themed DIYs because who doesn’t love food?
Here’s how to have the nicest dorm on your floor:
1. Use a Food-Themed Desktop Background
2. Iron Food Patterns Onto Your Bed Sheets
Bring those boring sheets back to life with a pizza print. Here’s the tutorial.
3. Decorate With Recipes in a Bottle
They make great gifts, too. Here’s the recipe.
4. Decorate Your Walls With Flower Ice Cream Cones
Use fake flowers because no on has time to take care of them. Or, use white card stock and top with styrofoam balls and acrylic paint for a wall of snow cones. Learn how to make them here.
5. Buy a Pepperoni Pillow, or Seventeen
6. Make a Donut Pillow
7. Make a Clock That Always Reminds You When it’s Time to Eat
8. Make Snow Cone String Lights
Use the extra snow cones as gift tags or just fill up the cones with popcorn for a quick go-to snack. Find the tutorial here.
9. Organize Your Food With a Shoe Organizer
More cabinet space = more places to put food.
10. Display Your Memories on a Fruit Bulletin Board
11. Create a Food Playlist For Your Room
12. Spell Out Your Favorite Food With String Art
There’s no better way to say that you love food than depicting an image of it through string art. Or, for the non-artistic, you can just write the name. Tutorial here.
13. Make Your Room Smell Delicious
You can light some candles or you can do it the old fashioned way. Add these ingredients into a mason jar for a perfect gift. Recipe here.
14. Make an Edible Arrangement Centerpiece
What’s better than an Edible Arrangement? One that doesn’t make you bankrupt. DIY it here.
15. Add a Clipboard Wall of Your Favorite Foods and Recipes
Who needs inspirational quote boards when you’ve got a clipboard wall? Figure out how to make it here.
16. Frame Some Fruit Wall Art
How else would you use your printing money? Get the printable here.
17. Upgrade Your Fridge With a Caddy
High-end dining, worth every penny. Buy it here.
18. Store Your Things in Magnetic Spice Containers
Eco-friendly and fancy. Learn how to do it here.