Coffee is a right of passage for college students. Once you’ve had your first few cups, you get hooked. Coffee becomes a lifeline that we rely on for any chance of surviving 12 page papers and mid terms we may or may not be cramming for. Here are some signs that your relationship with coffee has become more serious than you think:
1. Human interaction before your first cup of coffee is your living hell.
2. Your local Starbucks baristas don’t ask for your name anymore. Extra points if they spell it correctly.
3. You refuse to do any work before you have coffee in your bloodstream.
4. Nothing compares to the bliss you feel while holding your first cup of joe for the day.
5. An awful caffeine headache seizes your body when you don’t get your fix.
6. You have no problem dropping $5 on one drink.
7. Passive aggressive comments are how you handle your deprivation.
8. You give praise to anyone who can make a decent cup of coffee. (Here are some tips on how to brew the “world’s best.”)
9. No matter how late you are running to class you make time to get coffee. How can I math without my caramel macchiato?
10. Your coffee order reflects your current mood.
11. Anybody who has seen you during a withdrawal feels like they have stared death straight in the face.
12. It is the only possible solution to make it through your afternoon full of classes.
13. Spilling your coffee is one of the most tragic experiences of your day.
14. You feel the need to document your coffee runs.
15. Those fancy names for sizes don’t fool you.
16. You just don’t know when to stop.
17. You finished that venti latte before you finished reading this article.
Haven’t satisfied your coffee craving just yet? Maybe some of these bad boys can help you out: