From Taylor Swift, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid and Selena Gomez to Amy Schumer, Jennifer Lawrence and Aziz Ansari, 2015 was most definitely the year of #squadgoals. Friendships blossomed, and instead of drooling over the genetic perfection of couples like Brad and Angelina or George and Amal, we found ourselves legitimately upset that we weren’t invited to go boating with Jen and Ame. Seriously, we could have brought pretzels or cleaned the deck or something.

But like most of life’s most important epiphanies, we’re realizing once again how much better food is than any living human being, so here’s a roundup of 2015’s hottest food combos. The foodities (food-unities) that are just as needed as the Christmas gift of an SNL reunion that was Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Maya Rudolph.

1. Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Dough Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Slamwich

PB CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH /// PB CUP ICE CREAM ~*DOUBLE TROUBLE*~

A photo posted by HUNGRYBETCHES (@hungrybetches) on Oct 17, 2015 at 12:18pm PDT

They’re the pair of really good looking identical twins that would do totally fine by themselves, but then they walk around together, and they’re unstoppable, so nobody questions why they’re 20 and still wearing the same matching Christmas sweaters.

2. Fried Egg Fries

Fried eggs are our favorite condiment. #spoonfeed ?: @gabscelz A photo posted by Spoon University (@spoonuniversity) on Nov 21, 2015 at 8:43am PST

This friendship shadily but beautifully formed after the side of fries was sick of watching the fried egg/burger camaraderie blossom, so the potatoes stepped in, and nothing was the same. Sorry, meat, take your chops elsewhere.

3. Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie

PSA: this is a cinnamon roll on top of an apple pie #onaroll s/o to @elliereynolds16 A photo posted by delicious dank dishes (@deliciousdankdishes) on Sep 5, 2015 at 11:27am PDT

Remember when you cried for 9 days straight because this combo told you that you couldn’t sit with them? Us, too.

4. Strawberry Nutella Marscapone Grilled Sweet Brioche Sandwich

There’s so many of them that one time they went to the mall and forgot two of them in the Abercrombie and Fitch store. Never seen again.

5. Pancake Cupcake

This duo didn’t offend anyone, except for waffles who are still lesser than, still losing and still pissed that their only friend is chicken.

6. Pecan Pie Stuffed French Toast

The kind of friendship that makes your heart skip a beat – or stop beating altogether due to the insane sugar intake. Either way, hot as hell.

7. Snickers-Filled Donut

TBH, Snickers kind of left the friend zone because it somehow ended up inside of this donut, but they’re like the least annoying couple, and they’re probably getting married.

8. Fried Chicken Egg-Nut

I ? fux with them chickens, unless they last name is doughnut ? #goodmorning ? #risenshine ☀️ A photo posted by N⃣I⃣C⃣K⃣ Y⃣A⃣G⃣E⃣R⃣ (@nickyager) on Oct 20, 2015 at 5:42am PDT

That one time this trio showed us all the true meaning of southern hospitality and suddenly gave us the urge to use all of our miles to fly to Jonesboro, Arkansas.

9. Fried Chicken Bacon Pancakes

We’re really hoping fried chicken bacon pancakes are in our very near future. #spoonfeed #brunchgoals ?: @befatbehappy

A photo posted by Spoon University (@spoonuniversity) on Dec 5, 2015 at 7:52pm PST

Since pancakes are officially BFFs with cupcakes, bacon and chicken take the cake as the most popular breakfast. At this point, waffles are losing all of their friends, and it’s really awkward and sad for them.

10. Chicken Lasagna Bagel Bake

More than likely 2/3 of them will end up puking after a night out, and they always snapchat each other while they’re on the toilet. Legends.

11. Bacon Wrapped Nutella Donut

??Get you motor running?? . . Or just your heart ? A bacon wrapped Nutella donut and deep fried ?. Thank me later. A photo posted by Devouring The Galaxy Of Food (@damoforce) on Dec 6, 2015 at 11:29am PST

The friend group where everyone is aware of their clearly defined roles. Donut is obviously the leader, bacon knows they’re just there for support and Nutella is the attention whore who everyone gets kind of annoyed with, but is kept around because they mean well.

12. Piecaken?

Not sure why there’s an ‘n’ at the end of the title, but what we’re sure of is that it’s layers of various Thanksgiving pies and cake. They’re the friends have known each other since birth, but they just recently became really tight, and everyone’s wondering why they never hung out before.

13. Italian Breaded, Mozzarella, Tomato Aioli Chicken Finger

The original Jersey Shore squad. Like, when times were good, before Snooki decided to have a kid, and before The Situation pleaded guilty for a tax fraud conspiracy. Sigh.

14. Mac n’ Cheetos

Your favorite after school snacks were assigned to do a Powerpoint presentation together. They made two slides on Kid Pix, and they found out they shared a love for Cosmic Brownies.

15. Donut Muffin

So…. Just thought you all should know that DOUGHNUT MUFFINS EXIST. A photo posted by HUNGRYBETCHES (@hungrybetches) on Dec 11, 2015 at 1:41pm PST

This pairing said that breakfast carbs should unite and they suddenly became the only reasonable start to anyone’s morning.

16. S’mores Fries

Similar to the confusing way a pair of pants fit Blake Lively, American Ferrera, Alexis Bledel, and Amber Tamblyn all perfectly in The Sisterhood of the Traveling pants, this pair came together and proved themselves compatible. They also proved that no one will be fitting into any sort of jeans after a taste of their friendship.

17. Avocado Parmesan Truffle Fry Burger

Putting avocado and parmesan truffle fries on your burger. Talk about a power move. #spoonfeed ?: @dailyfoodfeed

A photo posted by Spoon University (@spoonuniversity) on Nov 18, 2015 at 1:09pm PST

Literally the three hottest kids in school got together and were like, “Yo, let’s freaking squad up and run this shiz.” And then they did, and this happened.