Ben & Jerry are often overlooked for the coveted status of #RelationshipGoals, instead the typical Hollywood power couples (Kim & Kanye, Brad & Angelina, Posh & Becks, Beyonce & Jay-Z) manage to snag that hashtag tweet after tweet. Here are 17 reasons why Ben & Jerry are the real match made in heaven.
1. They have a very steamy love life (if you know what I mean).
All of that swirling and melting and experimentation. Hot (but still ice cold, ha).
2. They love doing fun things together like visiting animals at the zoo.
The perfect day time date.
3. Or going phishing.
They probably skip dinner and head straight for the good stuff though. I don’t blame them.
4. They #TURNUP together and know how to get #CRUNK.
Have you ever seen a Ben without a Jerry? Or a Jerry without a Ben?
5. They help each other recover from those #TURNTUP nights.
We’ve all been there, at least they have each other to help with the hangovers.
6. They share an awesome taste in music.
No auto tune needed. Perfect already.
7. They have really cool couples’ traditions like celebrating April 20th.
We know what y’all were doing. I bet this ice cream really hit the spot.
8. They would rather stay home in their pajamas and watch a marathon of great movies instead of going out to socialize. #Priorities
Isn’t this what every college kid wants?
9. They love traveling to trendy cities.
10. They support great causes.
Ice cream = world peace. Am I right?
11. They go to cool music festivals to see bands that no one even knew existed.
12. They have Southern charm and hospitality.
13. Their relationship has passed the infatuation phase and they’re starting to show their not-so-glamorous habits.
They’re willing to look past outward appearances and glaring quirks in order to appreciate each other. #Goals
14. They push each other to be be the best they can possibly be.
They really are perfect for each other.
15. They began their relationship with a $5 dollars in the bank.
Now they make over $200 million per year. #AmericanDream
16. They’ve been together for 37 years.
That’s longer than I’ve been alive and longer than the internet, cellphones, CDs, and Apple products have been around.
17. They make cats happy.
Cats are life, and anything that makes cats happy makes us happy because #futurecatladies is the ultimate relationship goal. (plot twist I don’t like cats)
Be sure to check out other Ben & Jerry articles on Spoon University: