We’ve all had that feeling of disappointment. You know when you’re at work or school and it’s time to eat your packed lunch and you wolf it down in 5 minutes and you’re sad and still hungry? That’s the worst. Avoid having that moment ever again by whipping up one of these meals the night before and you’ll finally be left full and satisfied.

Honey Mustard Chicken

healthy lunches

Photo by Alex Weiner

Pair this chicken with your fave grains and veggies to make a balanced meal that’ll keep you going all afternoon. And guess what? It actually tastes good, thanks to our friends Dijon and honey. Make it like this.

Edamame Salad

healthy lunches

Photo by Elyse Belarge

This combo of edamame, cheese, and almonds makes this salad a power lunch. Get it here.

Chicken Pita

healthy lunches

Photo by Abigail Wilkins

This lunch is super portable and the pairing of chicken and creamy yogurt means double the protein to keep you full for hours. Get the recipe here.

Open-Face Egg and Asparagus Sandwich

healthy lunches

Photo by Ashton Caudle

This recipe may not be your typical packed lunch, but if you put it in a tupperware it should last perfectly. There’s nothing more satisfying than eggs and a little cheese, and asparagus will give you those necessary veggies. Recipe here.

Avo Chicken Salad

healthy lunches

Photo by Paige Pulaski

This dish is cheap, easy, versatile, and literally so good. You can eat it with a fork out of a container or slather it on some whole wheat bread for a sandwich. This recipe uses avocado instead of mayo, so it’s extra healthy. Learn to make it here.

Shakshuka

healthy lunches

Photo by Ashley Manning

Shakshuka is one of the least-known but most delicious dishes from the Mediterranean. You’re supposed to eat it out of the pan, but why not scoop some into a container and pack it with a few slices of whole grain bread? Try this recipe.

Sushi in a Jar

healthy lunches

Photo by Gabby Phi

As much as we hate to admit it, sushi is expensive. But it’s delicious and has a ton of health benefits, so why not make your own version? In a jar it stays fresh all day and the brown rice and avocado make it hearty. Try this recipe.

Prosciutto Egg Roll-up

healthy lunches

Photo courtesy of nomnompaleo.com

Time to get creative. This recipe uses a flat omelette kind of like a tortilla, with prosciutto as its filling. You can’t get more protein than this savory, Paleo dish. Get it here.

Salmon Chickpea Salad

healthy lunches

Photo courtesy of thecrepesofwrath.com

Salmon is one of those godsends with a huge list of health benefits and tons of flavor. This recipe increases its filling factor even more by adding lots of veggies and protein packed chickpeas. Learn how to make it here.

Leftover Steak Salad

healthy lunches

Photo courtesy of thehealthyfoodie.com

Any salad topped with a protein is the perfect lunch option, so use up some of that steak from last night’s dinner or last weekend’s BBQ. Mushrooms and a little cheese add extra meatiness and satisfaction to this recipe.

Corn Salad

healthy lunches

Photo by Krysten Dorfman

Protein – check. Veggies – check. Healthy carbs – check. This salad makes the perfect plate. Get it here.

Mediterranean Pita Pizza

healthy lunches

Photo by Elyse Belarge

This recipe is basically a healthier, grown-up Lunchable, so it makes lunch delicious and fun all at the same time. Try this recipe.

Thai Lettuce Wrap

healthy lunches

Photo by Angela Pizzimenti

If you’re looking to cut down on carbs, try using lettuce instead. That may sound ridiculous and tasteless, but when you fill it with awesome ingredients, I promise you won’t miss the bread. Make this recipe.

Quinoa Burger

healthy lunches

Photo by Sally Zhang

Meat not your thing? Make your burger out of everyone’s favorite grain, quinoa, instead. The black beans in this burger add even more protein to last you all day long. Get it here.

Curry Vegetable Soup

healthy lunches

Photo by Rae Steinbach

Besides being filled with a ton of delicious veggies, warm and flavorful soup fills you up without a ton of calories. Make a big batch, pour it in a thermos, and lunch is ready to go for the week. Recipe here.

Don’t forget to pin it for later:

healthy lunches

Graphic by Spoon University