Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks, but the same buttery taste can get rather boring after awhile. We here on Spoon have come up with multiple popcorn recipes that fill this basic treat with extraordinary flavor, meaning you can say goodbye to boring popcorn. Here are some of our favorite ways to amplify the classic popcorn treat and make it salty, sweet, and everything in between.

1. Churro Popcorn with a Chocolatey Drizzle

popcorn recipes

Photo by Jina Kim

Make popcorn taste like your favorite carnival treat. Mix buttered popcorn with cinnamon, sugar, and melted chocolate, and watch how your popcorn immediately tastes like a delicious churro.

2. A Pie Better (and Worse) than Sandra Lee

popcorn recipes

Photo by Aurelie Corinthios

This pie has everything but the kitchen sink in it. It’s a combination of graham crackers, cinnamon, marshmallow fluff, dark chocolate, marshmallows, popcorn, and mini M&M’s. You may be thinking this sounds a little extreme, but once you try it, you’ll be hooked.

3. Dark Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo by Alina Polishuk

This popcorn treat is every girl’s dream. Mix semi-sweet chocolate, white chocolate, and creamy peanut butter to make this flavorful combination. It’s salty and sweet, and so much better than the average peanut butter cup.

4. Cookies n’ Cream Popcorn 

popcorn recipes

Photo by Benj Shapiro

Make your popcorn taste like your favorite cookie. Mix your average popcorn with melted white chocolate, and top it off with crushed Oreo cookies.

5. Sriracha-Honey Sesame Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo by Alina Polishuk

Looking for something on the spicier side? Try this Sriracha-honey sesame popcorn. It’s spicy, sweet, and tangy combination will satisfy everyone’s popcorn craving.

6. Puppy Chow Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo courtesy of browneyedbaker.com

Despite the name, this popcorn tastes way too good to share with your dog. Add melted chocolate and powdered sugar to your average popcorn and then proceed to chow this puppy down.

7. Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo by Alina Polishuk

This popcorn is extra cheesy and flavorful with its rosemary and parmesan combination.

8. Chai Caramel Corn

popcorn recipes

Photo by Alex Furuya

Nothing screams a classic popcorn treat quite like caramel corn. Spruce up your typical caramel corn and add chai to make it even more flavorful.

9. Honey Butter Sea Salt Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo by Renee Chiu

This popcorn is a combination of everything of in its name. Combine honey, butter, and sea salt to your popcorn and immediately be amazed by the insane flavor combination.

10. Peppermint Bark Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo by Hannah Skiest

Your favorite winter flavor is added to your favorite movie treat. Melt chocolate and add crushed peppermints to your snack to make your popcorn taste like delicious peppermint bark.

11. Choco-Cinnamon Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo by Anna Beckerman

This popcorn is salty, sweet, bitter, and totally tasty. Cocoa powder, cinnamon, and brown sugar are all mixed together to make this flavorful creation.

12. Popcorn Balls

popcorn recipes

Photo by Megan Suckut

Popcorn Balls are even better than Rice Krispie Treats. Bind the popcorn together with melted marshmallows and top it off with melted chocolate and sprinkles. Make these treats festive by adding a variety of colorful sprinkles.

13. Popcorn Party Mix

popcorn recipes

Photo courtesy of galonamission.com

Spice up your popcorn by adding some of your favorite snacks. Some of my go-to’s are M&M’s, Cheez-its, and pretzels, but be adventurous and add in anything you can find to make this average snack even more delicious.

14. Cajun Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo courtesy of naturalchow.com

Looking for something on the spicier side? Mix paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to your popcorn and make it taste like a cajun sensation.

15. Cinna-Sugar Popcorn

popcorn recipes

Photo courtesy of kblog.lunchboxbunch.com

This popcorn is pure bliss with its cinnamon and sugar combination.