Television producer and writer Shonda Rhimes is known to make us fall in love with Grey’s Anatomy characters, but then leave us with heartbreak. Through all the tears we’ve cried during the ongoing series, the one advantage we have is that we can eat an endless amount of food while watching (and sobbing).

There are certain snacks that help heal our broken hearts after every devastating moment we Netflix and chill. Here are some of the best options to get you through the pain.

1. Ice Cream

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Becky Hughes

After all of the suspense of who the patient is that got hit by a bus, we will never forget how shocked we felt when George signaled 007 to Meredith. A pint of ice cream was extremely necessary during this devastating scene.

Grey's Anatomy

Gif courtesy of sororitylyfe.com

2. Popcorn

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Kirby Barth

The bombing episode was one that caused us all to have a serious nervous breakdown with a family-size bag of popcorn in our hand, especially when Meredith had her hand in a body with a bomb in it.

Grey's Anatomy

3. Muffins

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Torey Walsh

After Denny dies and we watch heartbroken Izzie baking an endless amount of muffins, there’s no other way to handle this than doing the same thing, except actually eating them.

#SpoonTip: Gluten intolerant? Try these gluten-free molten chocolate banana bread muffins.

Grey's Anatomy

Gif courtesy of giphy.com

4. Chocolate

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Christin Urso

We never knew Cristina could show such emotion until Burke leaves her at the altar on their wedding day. This episode called for a large consumption of chocolate to cope.

Grey's Anatomy

5. Brownies

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Abby Wang

That moment watching Meredith and Derek watch their dog Doc die was nothing but painful. Shonda really had to put us through that and make us watch it happen? The only thing to make this scene a little less painful to watch is a batch of gooey brownies.

Grey's Anatomy

Gif courtesy of meredith-and-derek.com

6. Tequila

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Christin Urso

Drowning on Dry Land…Meredith’s infamous chugging of tequila is crucial during this episode. Having to wait a week for the next episode to see if she would survive was beyond agonizing, but the tequila helped for a little while.

Grey's Anatomy

7. Pizza

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Libby Perold

Our hearts all broke when Derek went through his depressed phase and threw his engagement ring in front of Meredith. Ordering pizza might help while watching this, and we know the Grey’s characters would approve since they love to order pizza on their nights off.

Grey's Anatomy

8. Cheese

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Arlo Gordon

The shooting was definitely one of the episodes that gave us all nightmares after watching. Eating numerous kinds of cheese was a must while watching Alex crawl into the elevator after being shot and fight to survive.

Grey's Anatomy

Gif courtesy of giphy.com

9. Chinese Food

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Jessica Chu

We didn’t know how to react when the shooter pulls the trigger at Alex, but then Derek Shepherd, too? Fried rice and chicken lo mein straight from the container, please. Meredith’s reaction had us bawling at this point.

Grey's Anatomy

Gif courtesy of sororitylyfe.com

10. Nothing

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Caroline Fagan

The plane crash brought everyone to tears, especially when we watched Lexi Grey slowly die on Mark Sloan. From questioning her character at first to falling in love with her and her relationship with Mark, there was nothing we could eat that could make us feel better about this scene.

Grey's Anatomy

11. Wine

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Joshua Alan Davis

Because Lexi dying wasn’t enough pain for us? We all had hope that Mark might survive, but when he gradually doesn’t make it, we all slowly sipped our wine. Still no appetite after this excruciating episode.

Grey's Anatomy

12. Fast Food

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Inness Cheng

When Izzie realizes she is sick, we all wanted to cry with her but all we could do is eat french fries, nuggets, and any other greasy food on our couch.

Grey's Anatomy

Gif courtesy of giphy.com

13. Hot Dogs

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Mira Nguyen

We’ll never forget when Cristina left her person. The bittersweet moment she said to Mer, “He’s very dreamy. But he’s not the sun. You are,” was the perfect time to down as many hot dogs as possible in memory of the hot dog eating contest that she beat George and Alex in.

Grey's Anatomy

14. Peanuts

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Christin Urso

Despite all their problems, we all were routing for Jackson and April’s marriage to stay strong. But when they signed the divorce papers in court, we could only eat peanuts to remind us of all the happy nights when the characters drink at Joe’s and eat peanuts after a long day of surgery.

Grey's Anatomy

Gif courtesy of giphy.com

15. Everything In Your Kitchen

Grey's Anatomy

Photo by Caroline Morano

Clear out your entire pantry and fridge because this scene is one that truly made us question our feelings toward Shonda Rhimes. Derek’s death will forever be the most heartbreaking moment of the series.

Grey's Anatomy

Gif courtesy of giphy.com