It’s no secret that a cup of your daily caffeine fix could pack more calories than the rest of your breakfast combined. Although Starbucks now puts nutritional information next to most of their menu items, we ranked their most popular food and drinks by their calorie content for your convenience.
All drink calorie counts below are based on the grande size with 2% nonfat milk, so be careful if you’re planning to upsize or mix your brew with a different milk — those calories could sneak up on you.
15. Espresso shot – 5 Calories
Why can’t all kinds of shots only have five calories?
14. Birthday Cake Pop – 170 Calories
I wish an actual slice of birthday cake only had this many calories.
13. Chai Latte – 240 Calories
Good news — you can consume less calories and be like Oprah by ordering the Oprah Cinnamon Chai Tea Latte, which only has 200 calories. We even taste-tested it for you here.
12. Caramel Macchiato – 240 Calories
#SpoonTip: Ask for fewer pumps of syrup or less caramel to cut back on sugar and calories.
11. Vanilla Latte – 250 Calories
#SpoonTip: For a lighter option, the skinny vanilla latte is definitely a safer bet.
10. Caffe Mocha – 290 Calories
Indulge in this mocha to satisfy your chocolate craving, but I wouldn’t recommend this for your daily morning coffee.
9. Chocolate Chip Cookie – 310 Calories
Usually I buy one thinking I’ll only eat half of it, but seriously, half of a cookie is too tempting to ignore.
8. Almond Croissant – 380 Calories
Oh, you mean you’ve gone through that phase where your addiction to croissants gets serious and you routinely buy one to scarf down every day too? Same.
7. White Chocolate Mocha – 400 Calories
This is the worst of the espresso-based drink offenders when it comes to calories, so drink in moderation.
6. Banana Nut Bread – 420 Calories
Don’t be fooled by the word “banana” in the name — one loaf also has 22 grams of fat.
5. Thai-Style Peanut Chicken Wrap – 450 Calories
Packaged along with juicy grapes, this is actually a reasonably nutritious choice for a light lunch. NICE.
4. Java Chip Frappuccino (With Whipped Cream) – 460 Calories
This guy’s probably more related to the dessert family than the beverage family.
3. Iced Lemon Pound Cake – 470 Calories
The problem is that I’m always craving this anyway.
2. Old-Fashioned Glazed Doughnut – 480 Calories
Does Dunkin’ have this many calories in one donut?
1. Old-Fashioned Grilled Cheese – 580 Calories
Definitely try not to order this with a doughnut and a frappe in the same meal.