Nabisco is notorious for releasing a variety of new Oreo flavors for major holidays, change in season, and just because. You wouldn’t believe some of the outrageous flavors they’ve produced over the years.

1. Fruit Punch

Oreo

Photo courtesy of Huffingtonpost.com

If you’re gonna keep making drinks into cookies, how about hot chocolate flavored? Notice again the “artificially flavoured” marker. Ain’t nothing natural about that.

2. Limeade

Oreo

Photo courtesy of thrillist.com

Yup, that’s right. Limeade-flavored Oreos. They were limited edition in 2014, and maybe that’s for the best. For anyone who doesn’t know, Limeade is basically the lime version of lemonade, which raises the question of why there is no lemonade flavour. Now that sounds good.

3. Banana Split

Oreo

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

That’s a lot of flavor to pack into one filling. Once cookie is vanilla, the other is chocolate and the filling is strawberry/banana, so when you put it all in your mouth at once, you have a banana split. Kind of. Props to Nabisco for being so ambitious.

4. Caramel Apple

Oreo

Photo courtesy of browniebites.net

Is it healthy if it’s apple flavored? A caramel flavoured Oreo is an amazing idea, but weirdly enough, it’s never been done. Nabisco seems to skip over the basics and go right for the wild flavours. Caramel apples are great, but only on their own…

5. Candy Corn

Oreo

Photo courtesy of twotwentyone.net

I can’t imagine this tastes like anything other than pure sugar, considering that’s all candy corn is anyway. Unlike some of the other Oreos we’ve seen, this packaging clearly states that the cookies are artificially flavoured. No natural flavour to be found. Big shock.

6. Key Lime Pie

Oreo

Photo courtesy of youtube.com

Seems kind of similar to the Limeade one, but the cookies are graham flavored. They really went all out with this one. I’m definitely interested in getting my hands on these. Alternative: make your own key lime pie cookies.

7. DQ Blizzard

Oreo

Photo courtesy of sweets.seriouseats.com

If an Oreo flavored Blizzard wasn’t enough, they also made an Oreo Blizzard flavored Oreo. Inception! It seems pretty cool but I think it’s just a fancy way of saying cookies and creme, which totally already exists. Nice try, Nabisco.

8. Root Beer Float

Oreo

Photo courtesy of foodbeast.com

Part of me wants to know what this tastes like and part of me thinks I can live my whole life never knowing. Oddly enough, this isn’t even the strangest drink inspired Oreo.

9. Rainbow Shure, Bert

Oreo

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Like sherbet. Get it? I highly doubt these taste like ice cream, which means they probably tastes like a combo of strawberry and lime. This is one of their more creative ones. It always impresses me when there are two different coloured cremes. It’s just more fun.

10. Berry Burst Ice Cream

Oreo

Photo courtesy of fatguyfoodblog.blogspot.com

Again with the ice cream. Cookies cannot be ice cream. That’s that. At least this one has some natural flavoring in addition to the artificial stuff, but they’re kind of ambiguous as to what kind of berry flavor is actually inside the cookie.

11. Watermelon

Oreo

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

No thanks. What does the green cream even taste like, watermelon rind? I’ve never seen a watermelon flavoured cookie and I think I know why. Some fruits are better in a savoury salad rather than in desserts.

12. Pumpkin Spice

Oreo

Photo courtesy of sometimesfoodie.com

Could they BE any more basic? There has been pumpkin spice just about anything so I guess it was only a matter of time until they gave in.

13. Creamsicle

Oreo

Photo courtesy of the-holidaze.blogspot.com

So basically just orange and creme. Hats off to the person who’s job it is to turn really simple flavor ideas into crazy nostalgic Oreo flavours. Sadly, they are no longer on the shelves but they probably make an awesome summertime snack.

14. Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup

Oreo

Photo courtesy of brandeating.com

This is actually a great idea. The weird part is that a peanut butter Oreo already exists and this one’s filling is a mix of peanut butter and chocolate. The whole filling should be peanut butter and the cookie acts as the chocolate component. Duh.

15. Birthday Cake Golden Oreo Fudge Cremes

Oreo

I’m not even sure I know what this means. And why is this Oreo open faced? Nabisco is trying to trick us with a bunch of fancy words that basically mean you get a half a chocolate and vanilla Oreo. News flash, nobody wants half an Oreo. How are you supposed to twist, lick and dunk?