Lavender, which is well known for its gentle purple color and sweet fragrance, has powerful calming effects. Research shows that it can be a useful remedy for a variety of ailments, including insomnia, anxiety, depression, pain, and fatigue. However, it is probably more familiar to you as a bathroom product than as a kitchen herb.

Since you’ve most likely come across it in various shampoos, soaps, and fragrances, you probably wouldn’t associate it as something you would put in your mouth. However, ingenious foodies around the world have turned the delicate flower into somewhat of a trend.

Lavender is the equivalent to a foodie’s magical pixie dust, with the capability to turn even the plainest of foods into dainty Provençal treats. So if you’re seriously stressing about school or work or money (or all of the above), check out these perfectly plucked lavender recipes. Who knows? Maybe even just the sheer prettiness of this list will put your mind at ease.

1. Lavender Simple Syrup

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of gardentherapy.ca

If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to make use of fresh or dried lavender buds, making a simple syrup is the way to go. This recipe from Garden Therapy only calls for sugar and lavender, and the resulting syrup can be drizzled over pancakes, swirled into ice cream, or mixed into craft drinks.

2. Lavender-Infused Lemonade

Lavender recipes

Photo by Morgan Nielsen

This delicious lemonade can be easily modified (read: spiked), of course.

3. Lavender Yogurt with Honey

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of sweetpaulmag.com

This recipe from Sweet Paul redefines the phrase “sweet and simple.”

4. Bougie Lavender Butter

Lavender recipes

Photo by Halley Rose Meslin

Your toast has never been this fancy.

5. Wild Blueberry and Lavender Smoothie

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of emilykylenutrition.com

This smoothie from Emily Kyle Nutrition has avocado in it, so it’s gotta be good.

6. Lavender Rose Ice Cream

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of sugarhero.com

Fun fact: Rose water is ah-mazing for your skin, so treat yourself to a facial while you’re whipping up this recipe from Sugar Hero.

7. Cucumber and Lavender Infused Water 

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of superdrinks.org

As long as you can get your hands on some lavender buds, it really doesn’t get much easier than this Superfood Drinks recipe.

8. Lavender Cupcakes with Honey Frosting

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of jessienextdoor.com

I don’t know how many health benefits come from lavender in cupcake form, but let’s all admit that Jessie Next Door sure does know how to dress up a cupcake.

9. Salted White Chocolate Lavender Cookies

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of spachethespatula.com

Alright, so maybe this whole “health” thing is falling by the wayside. But this recipe from Spache the Spatula is truly making me melt inside.

10. Overnight Oats with Lavender Chia Pudding

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of iquitsugar.com

This recipe by Amy Glenister is great for vegan and lactose-intolerant folks. The oats can be swapped out for other types of grains as well.

11. Lavender-Crusted Pork Chop

Lavender recipes

Photo by Charlotte Hull

How about some floral pork? Nobody said all piggies have to be stinky.

12. Lavender Latte 

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of foxandbriar.com

For specialty coffee connoisseurs, this recipe from Fox and Briar is the stuff of dreams (check out their Lavender Collins recipe, too).

13. Lavender Mojito

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of sugarandcharm.com

Thumbs up to Sugar and Charm for knowing how to calm the nerves.

14. Honey Lavender Macarons 

Lavender recipes

Photo courtesy of hintofvanillablog.com

Be warned, making macarons is not for the faint of heart. However, this recipe from Hint of Vanilla is pretty enough to be admired from a distance.