Apple cider vinegar has become incredibly popular for its numerous health benefits and practical uses. While most websites and books recommend diluting it in water or juice, or even taking it as a straight up shot, sometimes this just doesn’t cut it. Detox drinks, like this one, may be a little easier to swallow, but incorporating ACV into cooking seems to be the most simple and effective way to get a regular intake of the vinegar.

First things first. Apple cider vinegar can be used as a replacement for many different ingredients that you may not readily have in your pantry or fridge. While this isn’t technically a food, this substitute for buttermilk will change your life. Simply combining milk with ACV will give you the acidity and richness that comes with buttermilk without the fat or calories. Similarly, instead of dipping fish and chips in the usual malt vinegar, try using apple cider vinegar for a delicious twist. Come on, who doesn’t love fish and chips? This traditional meal can be prepared in around 45 minutes.

1. Creamy Vegan Queso Dip

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of thekitchn.com

This cheese-less queso dip gets its cheesy flavor from nutritional yeast and butternut squash. Yum.

2. Cider Vinegar Chicken

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of allrecipes.com

If you’re in need of a super easy dinner recipe, check out this 3-ingredient chicken. It requires basically no effort– just a baking dish and some measuring cups.

3. Spiced Cinnamon Apple Cider Vinegar Smoothie

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of greenblender.com

This green smoothie is full of really healthy fruits and veggies. Its spicy flavor is perfect for a fall breakfast.

4. Beet-Pickled Deviled Eggs

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of thekitchn.com

The beet and apple cider vinegar brine gives these deviled eggs their pretty pink color.

5. Toasted Marshmallow Cupcakes

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of cakebossbaking.com

The ACV in these decadent s’mores cupcakes makes them perfectly light and delicious.

6. Marcona Almond Mayonnaise

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of elanaspantry.com

If you’re vegan, you need to try this eggless and gluten free mayonnaise. It only needs 4 ingredients and is an amazing substitute for real mayo.

7. Gluten-Free Paleo Bread

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of elanaspantry.com

Although this bread is filled with high-protein, nutrient-dense ingredients, it remains light and airy because of the AVC. It’s super yummy and will last up to a week in the fridge.

8. Slow-Cooked Cider Beans

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of thekitchn.com

These rich beans are sure to be a hit at your next BBQ. They’re full of flavor and make the perfect side dish.

9. Vegan Chocolate Cake

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of itdoesnttastelikechicken.com

Check out this fudgey, chocolatey cake recipe. We swear you will never be able to tell its vegan.

10. Grilled Cheese with Tomato Chutney

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of thekitchn.com

This is the most amazing upgraded grilled cheese that you will ever try. The sweet tomato chutney is the perfect addition to melted cheese and crispy bread.

11. Pioneer Vinegar Pie

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of marthastewart.com

While there are no actual apples in this dessert, it gets its apple-y flavor from apple cider vinegar. Genius.

12. Apple Cider Glazed Salmon

apple cider vinegar

Photo courtesy of ahappyfooddance.com

Perfectly flavorful, this delish salmon has that crisp apple flavor without the unnecessary sweetness of regular apple cider. You need to try it this fall.

apple cider vinegar

Graphic by Spoon University