Edward Pola and George Wyle were right: Christmas time really is the most wonderful time of the year. There are so many reasons to get hyped during the holiday season. One of the reasons is presents. And the rest of them are food.

Whether you are hosting a party or simply want to embrace your inner child and play with your food, we’ve got you covered. Read on to discover 12 ways you can make your food look and taste festive with minimal effort this holiday season.

1. Make Santa snacks using strawberries

Holiday

Photo by Christian Stafford

Hey, not all Christmas food has to be rich and sugar-loaded. With just Cool Whip and strawberries, you can make a festive holiday treat that is both nutritious and delicious.

2. Make donuts for elves using Cheerios

Holiday

Photo courtesy of emilydubner.files.wordpress.com

We feed Santa cookies, we feed the reindeer oats, but we pay no attention to the elves. By decorating Cheerios with icing, sprinkles, and sugar, you can make a tasty treat for the elves. And they deserve it. We all know they do all the real work up at the North Pole.

3. Make mass batches of food

Holiday

Photo by Parisa Soraya

It’s bad enough having the whole family in the house at once, but having to cook breakfast for them is a whole new ball game. Make your life easy by cooking things in bulk.

Dozens of hard-boiled eggs can be made in the oven at once, and Crock-Pot French toast and hot chocolate are true crowd pleasers. Do your part to keep the hangry people satisfied.

4. Grind candy canes in a food processor

Holiday

Photo by Mischa Rajendiran

Christmas food can be summed up in one word: peppermint. To ensure that you get your fix this holiday season, pulverize candy canes and add the dust to everything you can get your hands on. Try peppermint brownies, cookies, hot chocolate and even cocktails.

5. Decorate upside-down waffle cones as Christmas trees

Holiday

Photo courtesy of thehungryhousewife.com

Gingerbread houses are fun and all, but has anyone ever been able to make one stand on its own? Save yourself the frustration by decorating waffle cones to look like Christmas trees. It’s just as festive and takes a fraction of the time. Win-win.

6. Make a snowman pizza

Holiday

Photo courtesy of deliacreates.com

Honestly, it’s always a good time for pizza, even during the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Choose your favorite toppings to make Frosty come to life right in your own kitchen.

7. Make snowman donuts

Holiday

Photo courtesy of lovefromtheoven.com

Buy a box of store-bought donuts and you’re halfway there. Your only job is to add the nose and eyes for a cute Christmas-inspired breakfast.

8. Create Christmas lights using candy

Holiday

Photo courtesy of hungryhappenings.com

Who knew Mike and Ike’s and Almond M&M’s could pair together so well? These candy lights look fun and festive on top of cupcakes and wrapped around cakes.

9. Make snow ice cream

Holiday

Photo by Rae Steinbach

If the snow really does bother you anyway, then why don’t you turn it into something you can actually enjoy? Adding sweetened condensed milk and vanilla to snow can turn the bane of your existence into your favorite new dessert.

10. Use candy canes as décor

Holiday

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Not only do candy canes taste like Christmas, they look like Christmas. These babies can be used to deck the halls in more ways than one. Try gluing them together to make place card settings or food labels for a party, or place them on a tray surrounding candles as an elegant centerpiece.

11. Use Christmas cookie cutters for more than just cookies

Holiday

Photo by Kristine Mahan

Whoever called them cookie cutters seriously underestimated their capabilities. You can cook pancakes or eggs in fun shapes for breakfast with them too. And for dessert, cookie cutters work just as well for cutting brownies. The cookie cutter is your oyster this holiday season.

12. Put cinnamon rolls in the waffle maker on Christmas morning

Holiday

Photo by Kelly Logan

No one has time (or patience) to wait around for breakfast to cook when there are presents to be opened. The waffle maker can have cinnamon rolls cooked, iced and on the table in minutes.