The paleo diet cuts out grains, dairy, processed foods, and legumes. While this may seem too strict for most people, what food groups this diet lacks it makes up for in the health benefits you gain. The paleo diet has been known to improve digestive, skin, and mental issues. It provides followers with increased energy, improved sleep, clearer skin, mental clarity, lowered risk of disease and cancer, and reduced allergies.

If you still aren’t willing to give up your favorite, most coveted foods after reading all of these benefits, then fear not because you don’t have to. Here are some ways to indulge in your guilty pleasures while still eating clean.

1. Poptarts – Rx Bars

paleo

Photo courtesy of @rxbar on Instagram

While this bar lacks the sugary strawberry filling, it is just as sweet. With all natural ingredients, protein, and no BS, this paleo bar is perfect for breakfast or a quick snack on the go.

2. Chips – Seaweed

paleo

Photo by Parsa Lotfi

If you’re craving something salty and crunchy, put down the bag of chips and pick up a great paleo alternative: seaweed. With high levels of B6, B12, and fiber, seaweed leaves you feeling satisfied without feeling disgusting. Try the wasabi flavor for an added kick.

3. Bread – Lettuce Wraps

paleo

Photo by Angela Pizzimenti

Instead of making a turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread, put your turkey on a lettuce leaf. The crunchy lettuce is much more satisfying than dry bread, and it’s a much healthier alternative.

4. Ketchup – Hot Sauce

paleo

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

Even though ketchup is made from tomatoes, the amount of sugar mixed in makes it far from a vegetable source. Instead of dousing your eggs or chicken with ketchup, try some hot sauce for a spicy alternative. Even better, the spices speed up your metabolism and cause you to drink more water without even realizing it.

5. Pasta – Spaghetti Squash

paleo

Photo by Mulin Xiong

Trade in your pasta for another serving of vegetables. Spaghetti squash has the same stringy texture as pasta, so you’ll hardly know the difference. Add tomato sauce for some added flavor and put some chicken on top. For more spaghetti squash ideas, check out these paleo recipes.

6. Peanut Butter – Almond, Cashew, or Sunflower Butter

paleo

Photo courtesy of shop.justins.com

Switch your processed peanut butter to all natural nut butters for the same taste and texture with added nutrients. These nut butters go great on apples, celery, or as an added protein and fat source in a smoothie. You can even make your own all-natural nut butters.

7. Granola Bars – Lara Bars

paleo

Photo courtesy of honeystuck.com

If you’re on the go and need a quick snack, put down the chocolate granola bar and pick up an all-natural Lara bar. Made with a few real ingredients that you can count on one hand, this bar provides you with some much needed energy without the added ingredients and chemicals that are in processed granola bars.

8. Gummies – Grapes

paleo

Photo by Naib Mian

If you’re looking for a little something sweet to eat, swap out your fruit snacks for the real thing. Gushy, sugary grapes give you the same taste as fruit flavored dummies without the high processed sugar cost. Try frozen grapes for an even more satisfying snack.

9. Rice – Cauliflower

paleo

Photo by Kristine Mahan

Grate up cauliflower to get the same texture as rice and the added benefit of another vegetable source. Put it under some chicken or fish, or make it into a pizza crust for a healthier version of Italy’s finest.

10. French Fries – Carrot Fries

paleo

Photo courtesy of 2teaspoons.com

Cut up, season and roast some carrot fries for a fry-like consistency without the greasy, fried aspect. Put some melted coconut oil over the carrots to give them a crisp texture and extra healthy fats.

11. Milkshake – Smoothie

paleo

Photo by Samantha Cooper

Instead of making yourself a fattening, sugary milkshake, blend together some spinach, banana, strawberries, almond milk, and chia seeds to make a satisfying, healthy smoothie. For an even better dessert, pour your smoothie into a bowl and top it with fresh fruit, nuts, and chia seeds.