In my opinion, Trader Joe’s is the best grocery store in America. Don’t argue with me on this.

One of the biggest struggles of being at uni in Scotland has hands down been the lack of Trader Joe’s goodies at my doorstep. There’s for sure a few I make my mom send across the pond whenever times get desperate. So, if you ever find yourself wandering through Trader Joe’s aisles, here’s a guide to find the best ones in case you find yourself unable to choose from all the delicious options on sale.

1. Pirate’s Booty

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of Pirate’s Booty on Facebook

This is like popcorn on steroids. So delicious, a funky name, and it’s from the Trader Joe’s, so it must be healthy, right?

2. Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

Let me start off by saying I’m a huge chocolate chip cookie snob. The only chocolate chip cookies I eat are my mom’s. These Trader Joe’s cookies are so close to “your mom’s chocolate chip cookies,” and you would never have guessed they are gluten free. It’s a double win.

3. Peanut Butter Cups

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of traderjoes.com

A fellow Spoon member described it perfectly: “aka, crack”. These tasty treats are so easy to love, and so hard to stop eating.

4. Pineapple Salsa

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

We’ve had pineapple salsa in my house for as long as I can remember. Every single person I introduce it to says it’s the best salsa they’ve ever had. So if you haven’t tried this Trader Joe’s secret gem, I’d recommend grabbing it immediately.

5. Dark Chocolate Star Cookies (Seasonal Only)

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of traderjoes.com

This is another household staple of ours, but only around Christmas time unfortunately. My friends from high school always said they know Christmas was getting close when the dark chocolate stars were out on the counter. This is another Trader Joe’s specialty that’s extremely difficult to stop eating.

6. Cornbread

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

This doesn’t really count as a snack, but I don’t really care because it’s the best cornbread in the world. Honestly, it comes in a box and you’d never guess. Cook up some homemade chili, pop this in the oven, and you have a perfect addition to an awesome meal.

7. Black & White Diamond Cocktail Cookies

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of foodandwine.com

These are a recent addition to my list of best snacks, but man do they taste good. Add them to a charcuterie tray for an unusual addition to your classic cheese and crackers. It’s always good to keep your house guests on their toes.

8. Just Mango Slices

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of traderjoes.com

Sometimes fruit can be a daunting task: either too messy to eat in the library or too hard to carry to class. These dried mango slices give you the best of both worlds. You can stick them in your bag for the day, eat them without disturbing people who actually study in the library, and get your daily dose of nutrition all in one.

9. Dark Chocolate Covered Pretzel Slims

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of flickr.com

If you’re having a chocolate craving, but don’t want to fully give in, these chocolate covered hybrids are perfect. The healthier chocolate and a healthier version of the pretzel, these snacks will leave you satisfied without feeling guilty.

10. Popcorn Pickle

trader joe's

Photo courtesy of junkfoodguy.com

Lastly, although not on my “best snacks’ list,” I thought I’d share the strange experience I had the other week of trying pickle popcorn. Definitely an experience I was happy to have once, but personally, I’d never again.

trader joe's

So don’t waste anymore time reading, and go to your nearest Trader Joe’s.