We’ve all been there. You’re sitting in class when your stomach starts to growl uncontrollably in the middle of a quiet lecture. Embarrassed, you wrap your arms across your tummy to suppress the noise. But it’s too late. All of your classmates have heard your grumbles and there’s no recovering from there.

You proceed to count down the minutes until it’s time to ditch the books and grab some grub at the nearest dining hall. Here’s where the ten stages of the food coma become real.

1. You enter the doors of the dining hall like:

food coma

Photo courtesy of reactiongifs

2. You check out the various offerings, making notes of which stops to hit up.

food coma

Photo courtesy of reactiongifs

3. Plates on plates on plates in hand, you find a seat and take your first bite. Nothing’s stopping you from enjoying your meal.

food coma

Photo courtesy of reactiongifs

4. After sampling a few items, you and your friends discuss which foods are worth going back for. (All of them?)

food coma

Photo courtesy of reactiongifs

5. Must. Keep. Eating. Isn’t that the point of a buffet?

food coma

Photo courtesy of reactiongifs

6. You start to feel your pants/shorts/skirt getting tighter.

food coma

Photo courtesy of Tumblr

7. But wait! No meal is complete without dessert.

food coma

Photo courtesy of imgur

8. You start having second thoughts about ever stepping foot in this trap they call a dining hall.

food coma

Photo courtesy of imgur

9. The fullness is actually painful and you find yourself wondering: did I just become a beached whale?

food coma

Photo courtesy of Tumblr

10. You vow to never come back…until tomorrow.

food coma

Photo courtesy of Tumblr

Have you experienced the top 10 stages of a food coma? Don’t worry, we’ve all been there. Some of us more than once.