Everyone knows the ever-so-popular butternut squash and Pinterest-worthy spaghetti squash copycat recipes, but one member of the family often goes undeservedly neglected: acorn squash.

Although this squash isn’t as well-known, it deserves to be. Known for its functionality, you can make it either sweet or savory. Plus, serving acorn squash with its skin still attached looks fancy AF.

1. Honey and Curry Roasted Acorn Squash

acorn squash

Photo by Helena Lin

Honey is a popular ingredient to pair with any squash, as it brings out their natural sweetness. Adding curry is an adventurous way to take this tradition to a whole new level.

2. Egg and Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash

acorn squash

Photo by Rebecca Doser

Tired of eating sausage and eggs with plain old toast? Jazz up your breakfast with a healthier alternative to bread.

3. Roasted Acorn Squash Pancakes

acorn squash

Photo courtesy of bevcooks.com

If you can eat omelets for dinner, you can eat pancakes then, too. And these are savory, so you don’t have to feel as bad.

4. Sweet and Spicy 5-Ingredient Acorn Squash

acorn squash

Photo courtesy of Food52

These tasty bites are better than fries. Basically, sugar and spice and everything nice.

5. Acorn Squash and Honey Pie

acorn squash

Photo courtesy of marthastewart.com

This pie is sweet with a slightly nutty flavor. The best part? You’re eating a vegetable for dessert.

6. Vegan Maple Glazed Stuffed Squash

acorn squash

Photo by Kendra Valkema

People love to hate on vegans, but they’re clearly doing something right. Complete with rice and vegetables, you are sure to be stuffed after this one.

7. Roasted Acorn Squash and Gorgonzola Pizza

acorn squash

Photo courtesy of Food Network

Pizza is already our favorite meal. Topping possibilities are limitless, so why not add this variation to your rotation?

8. Acorn Squash Hummus

acorn squash

Photo courtesy of stacyhomemaker.com

Hummus is life. Not only can hummus be made with plain old chickpeas, but it can also feature edamame, black beans, or (you guessed it) our favorite new friend.

9. Acorn Squash Soup

acorn squash

Photo courtesy of Food Network

Many types of squash are popular in soups because they create a rich and creamy texture, which is exactly the flavor this soup will give you.

10. Acorn Squash and Roasted Garlic Strudel

acorn squash

Photo courtesy of thekitchn.com

Squash creates a smooth filling between the flaky, buttery pastry sheets. Don’t limit yourself to just apple strudels.