You can’t compare apples to oranges, because oranges are obviously better. They are an appealing assemblage of aromatically pleasing zest and spiritually uplifting tang that Gandhi swears by. Their colour is the happiest in the world — just ask Frank Sinatra. And their uniqueness is epitomized by their suffix that has popularized the word door-hinge but flummoxed rappers and rhymers.

So, stop eating apples and blackberries that are already spoiled by corporations, stop slipping on bananas, and stop eating tomatoes that should not even be classified as a fruit. Let’s try to enjoy the unsullied orange before the next tech company devours its fruitfulness. Oranges are good vibes, and here are some reasons why.

1. They go so well with chocolate.

Oranges

Photo courtesy of nearof.com

“Whack and unwrap” for twenty segments in heaven. Shoutout to Terry — whoever you are, bless your soul.

2. They have a calm and refreshing smell said to reduce stress.

Oranges

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Authentic aromatherapy for when your scented candles can’t handle your stress. Inhale and exhale #zen.

3. You can be creative with how you use your oranges ( garnishing, zesting, juicing, supreming, charring, etc.).

Oranges

Photo courtesy of mirror.co.uk

For when you need to get your juices flowing. Even just staring at an orange sparks creativity.

4. They quench your thirst.

Oranges

Photo courtesy of blogher.com

Change the lemonade stand game and offer your neighbourhood joggers some ice cold, freshly-squeezed orange juice for 25 cents.

5. You can spread the happiness and give a segment to ten of your best friends.

Oranges

Photo courtesy of handimania.com

Here you go: one for you, and for you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and me. That’s enough for Jon, Kate, and the plus eight.

6. They are immunity builders and wrinkle preventers, as they are loaded with vitamin C.

Oranges

Photo courtesy of foods4betterhealth.com

When lip chap can’t solve all your problems and you have become immune to Emergen-C, try an orange and you’ll C sun-kissed skin.

7.They can be tasted as a drink, in segments, peeled, or unpeeled — any way you like it.

Oranges

Photo courtesy of vapeloungellc.com

8 am: orange juice

12 pm: peeled orange

10 pm: tequila sunrise

Repeat. Vibes all day.

8. They’re the ultimate winter pick-me-up.

Oranges

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Winter blues, orange szn. Turn your winter into a season of happiness.

9. They are mood boosters because of #endorphins.

Oranges

Photo by Hannah Lidsky

Even when you have an exam the next day — trust me, they are a good luck snack.

10. Once you peel an orange, you can awaken the senses of an entire room and make everyone happy.

Oranges

Photo courtesy of esmxweighless.com

How can this not make you happy?

Orange you glad I didn’t say banana?