It’s time to choose how you’ll spend your time between dages, exams and burrito bowls, but sometimes all you want to spend your time with is the burrito bowls and other Main Street digs. Here are 10 reasons to apply to join the food-loving Spoon UD team.

1. Explore your interests

Spoon UD

Gif Via Giphy.com

Spoon University isn’t just writing about food but also capturing it in photos or videos, making the recipes, or planning events. The whole point of being a team is so we can all teach and learn from each other. Our profiles may give specific titles, but there are tons of opportunities to try new things.

2. Meet Fellow Foodies Near You

Spoon UD

Gif via giphy.com

That might sound like an ad for the next big dating app, which doesn’t sound like the worst thing in the world to me, but Spoon UD is full of friends who are just as passionate about food as you are. We understand what it takes to get that perfect Instragam and what excitement comes with trying the newest place on Main Street.

3. Be In The Know On Campus

Spoon UD

Photo By Caroline Grew

There’s bound to be another Mexican restaurant on campus this coming year, and SpoonUD will be the first to know. Run the very events you wish to be a part of and capture the must-know quotes.

4. Use your Creativity

Spoon UD

Gif via giphy.com

No idea is a bad one as long as you get it approved first. You don’t have to be afraid to try something new, whether it be a new food or a new approach to a project.

5. Opportunities to Go National

Spoon UD

Photo by Casey Irwin

Articles are published either locally or nationally, adding onto to the possibilities. Delaware has some amazing food, but expanding your horizons is just what college is about. Write about your hometown when you’re homesick or venture back to your most recent travels, whatever curbs your cravings.

6. Obnoxious Amounts of Spoon-Swag

Spoon UD

Photo Courtesy of @SpoonUniversity on Instagram

Cover your whole content-filled laptop with pizza and spoon stickers. Be the life of the party with a SpoonU bottle opener. Enough Said.

7. Making Real World Connections

Spoon UD

Photo Courtesy of @Spoonuniversity on Instagram

Spoon headquarters is based in New York City with chapters at colleges all around the country. That means thousands of alumni in the coming years who you can network with through this common connection of the Spoon community.

8. Sick Events

Spoon UD

Photo via Spoon University

This past summer brought us Brainfood in NYC, a foodie festival with special space just for Spoon U members. Build those connections at events like those just a few hours from campus, even in some people’s back yards as far as most UD students go.

9. Food Fun

Spoon UD

Photo Courtesy of @spoonuniversity on Instagram

Spoon University is infamous for food puns. On top of an appreciation and passion for food, we all enjoy and take on a new outlook on the fun part of food. Playing with your food is okay again.

10. Find Yourself

Spoon UD

Gif via Giphy.com

It’s hard not to be a little cheesy when you love cheese. It’s nice to have the opportunity to spend time with something you love, whether you find yourself wanting to turn Spoon UD into a lifestyle or you just love talking about food more than your average eater.

Joining Spoon UD this past year, my freshman year, was one of the best decisions I made in helping me figure out who I am. Give it a shot if you think it could do the same. Join the movement here and we’ll get you hooked up with our application. Don’t worry, we only bite food.