Now that we’re well into 2014, it’s certainly about that time of the year when we start to slip up on our New Years’ resolutions, if we haven’t already. To keep you on track, here’s a list of food resolutions that are totally manageable that won’t end when winter does.

1. Snack correctly

Fruits + Almonds

Photo by Hannah Lin

Snacking isn’t bad for you until you make potato chips your go-to. Snacking prevents overeating later, and you should try to avoid going five or more hours without any food. But ditch the kettle chips and sugar-heavy granola bars for fruit or veggies dipped in hummus. If you’re really feeling ambitious, try to commit to only snacking on fruits and veggies.

2. Eat seasonal foods

Stuffed Squash Final

Photo by Kendra Valkema

Eating produce that’s in season is guaranteed to be fresher than than tomatoes that are struggling to make it through the cold winter.

3. Actually cook

cooking pork

Photo by Kirby Barth

Every quarter you might swear off Joy Yee’s takeout, but it’s finally time to make that happen. Check out Spoon’s recipe section for easy, college-friendly recipes to start you off.

4. Drink more water

Drinking Tea

Photo by Alex Tom

This isn’t news to anyone — water is good for you. You should drink a lot of it. Get a fun water bottle and drink up in class. Tea is also a great way to up your water intake during the chilly winter months.

5. Go meatless once a week (or more!)

veggie grilled cheese

Photo by Kirby Barth

By limiting your meat intake, you’re reducing your chance for heart disease and diabetes, and who doesn’t want that? Also, cutting down on your meat intake forces to you replace it with other ingredients that are high in fiber and protein, like beans or vegetables. You could even try only eating meat at one meal per day.

6. Upgrade your greens

Sauteeing Kale and Mushrooms for Stuffing

Photo by Kendra Valkema

It’s time to join the dark side: graduate from iceburg lettuce to spinach, arugula or even kale. It’s 2014 for pete’s sake. Get those extra nutrients.

7. Try new things

escargot

Photo by Kirby Barth

This is the year to branch out! Order that sushi topped with eel, and have an escargot (or twelve).

8. Eat breakfast

Photo by Kirby Barth

Guys, I know. You don’t want to get up a half an hour earlier than you have to before class to make breakfast. You’ve been fine for years without breakfast! But skipping breakfast can cause you to overeat at later meals, and just think how good you’ll feel strolling to Tech with a belly full of a nice veggie omelet.

9. Make coffee at home

Final Salted Caramel Latte

Photo by Alex Tom

Speaking of breakfast, coffee literally takes five minutes to make, and can save you hundreds of dollars a year (depending on how often you enjoy a cup of joe, obviously) by making it at home. Invest in a good travel mug and get to brewing.

10. Eat slower

Roasted Half Chicken

Photo by Naib Mian

Our lives are so fast-paced as college students. So we should take meal time to slow down, relax and enjoy our food. Eating slower aids with digestion and also prevents you from eating too much in one sitting because you have a better grasp on how satisfied you are.