Who would have thought that eating a lemon whole, on it’s own, could be enjoyable. And not only that, but the lemon will taste sweet? When most people (if you’re a normal human being) eat lemons, they experience something like this:

lemon

So what sort of mystical drug could give us the ability to eliminate our own personal imitation of the Warhead Man face when attempting to eat a lemon whole?

lemon

Introducing… the “miracle berry.”

lemon

Photo courtesy of miraclefruit.com

These beautiful red berries that look similar to cranberries are here to change the way we eat and taste. They’re sold in tablet form and be found on Amazon for a decent price.

lemon

Photo courtesy of shop.mberry.us

A quick science lesson on this miracle berry—scientifically known as synsepalum dulcificum. This berry contains a special glycoprotein molecule called miraculin. When you eat these berries, the miraculin binds to your taste buds and causes sour foods (like lemons) to taste sweet. The effect lasts for about 60 minutes.

Gone are the days of:

lemon

Here are the days of eating lemons and feeling like:

lemon

All you have to do is simply let the tablet dissolve in your mouth slowly and allow the powder to coat your tongue. Then, start eating. My personal recommendations?

• Lemon will taste like lemonade
  • Grapefruit juice will taste like the nectar of gods
  • Tabasco sauce can be eaten on its own (and tastes incredible)
  • Goat cheese tastes like cupcake frosting
  • Cream cheese tastes like cheesecake
lemon

I know, I know. All of the above does not seem possible. But it so is. So do yourself a favor and go buy miracle berry tablets by the bucketload. Hold a tasting party. Blow the minds of all your friends. Eat some lemons. Whole. And smile while doing it.