Emma Watson is one of those celebrities that’s pretty difficult to hate. How could you dislike a person who openly promotes feminism and girl power, wears sustainably designed clothing on the read carpet, and was a lead in Harry Potter? Emma isn’t just a role model when it comes to human rights or the environment. We could also take a page out of her book when it comes to eating well.

Here are a few golden rules to follow if you want to eat like Emma Watson. 

1. Avoid overly processed foods.

kale, salad, spinach, vegetable, bread, lentil
Anna Ciambrone

This is one of the main tenets of Emma’s diet. She eats what she wants, but she tries to maintain a diet that is heavy on nutritious foods like whole grains, lean proteins and unsaturated fats.

2. Cook your own food.

coffee, espresso, tea
Maggie Murray

Emma loves to cook. In fact, she told Marie Claire that one of the main items on her bucket list is going to culinary school.

She said, “I don’t like using recipes — I like to cook things I just know how to cook. I figure if I went and really learned, I would be the kind of person who could open the fridge and be like, ‘I know what I will make with this one piece of celery and this random piece of butter and this pasta.'”

3. Eat plenty of Mexican food.

vegetable, salad, cheese, bread, lettuce
Kathleen Lee

Emma has mentioned in multiple interviews that Mexican food is her all time favorite kind of food. She explained to The Huffington Post, “I’m obsessed with Mexican. We don’t have Mexican food in England, we just kill it. That’s one of the first things I do when I come here.”

4. Don't be afraid to treat yourself.

While Emma tries to stick to healthy foods most of the time, she’s definitely not afraid to treat herself to junk every once in a while. In 2014, she famously slept through The Vanity Fair Oscar Party and ate pizza when she woke up instead of rallying and heading to the party. She’s a gal who understands that sometimes you just need pizza.

5. Order gin and tonics.

Emma’s favorite drink couldn’t be more British: she loves gin and tonics. If you want to channel your inner Watson, order a G&T the next time you’re out with friends or save money and make one yourself.

6. Eat Nutella. 

chocolate, jam, sweet, honey, milk
Hailey Maher

Like the rest of the world, Emma is a big fan of Nutella. She even kicked off her 18th birthday celebrations with a breakfast of Nutella and strawberries. That sounds like an awesome birthday breakfast to us.

Basically, Emma doesn’t hold back. If you want to eat like her then just eat what you love, but do so in moderation and make sure to maintain a healthy balance. She also works out a lotand is a certified yoga instructor, so her flawless body is definitely the product of both exercise and diet.