Ever looked around the room and wondered where your beer opener went? Ever look around the room and wondered what you haven’t used as a beer opener yet?

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

We collected a few everyday house hold items that can be used to pop open a bottle cap so you can relax, sit back, and worry about finding your lost opener later.

Opener 1: Scissors

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

Try a handy pair of scissors so you can finally justify that campus bookstore purchase.

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

Just get under the bottle cap and… Well, maybe not.

Potential Opener 2: A Spoon

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

Open up the utensil drawer (or fish one out of your sink) grab that multi purpose tool and another bottle from the fridge.

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

All about leverage with this one. Grab the neck of the bottle with one hand. Place the front of the spoon under the lid, and with your spoon hand press down using the thumb of your hand holding the bottle as leverage and… Not too shabby.

Possible Opener 3: Hammer

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

You should have one of these laying around in a dusty toolbox somewhere in the back of closet.

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

Like taking a nail out of wood just get under the cap, pry, pry, pry, and… Not recommended after more than 1 beer.

Probable Opener 4: The Lighter

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

A classic, and a good parlor trick to break out at any party, cook out, or in front of the tv.

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

Like with the spoon put one hand on the neck of the bottle, and choke up a little bit. It’s all in the leverage with this one. Holding the lighter in one hand, get under the cap and use your hand on the neck of the bottle as a base to pop the cap right off. Very nice.

Promising Opener 5: Handcuffs

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

You sure you don’t have these laying around?

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

These are probably the closest to resembling an actual opener. Just get a tight grip around the cap, tip the cuffs forward and… Boom, we good.

Honorable Mentions:

The Key:

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

Because if you’ve lost this you probably should stop anyway.

The Door Hinge:

Alternate Bottle Openers

GIF by Steven Shaltiel

I mean, it’s there.