I’m sure if you were to ransack your apartment or dorm room, you’ll find a $3 can of tuna somewhere near the Ramen and cheap vodka. This seemingly bland dining option usually isn’t our go to choice but here are 3 ways to jazz up this seafood:

1) Add in every spice in your collection

tuna salad recipe

Photo by Kimberlee Bochek

Tuna is one of those foods that works really well with a variety of spices and flavors. If you’re going for a more subtle seasoning, add in salt and pepper and a splash of vinegar to give the tuna some flavor. Looking for something stronger? Add some capers, lemon juice, oregano, and hot sauce and enjoy on any sandwich. And of course— lots and lots of mayo.

2) Turn up the heat

tuna salad recipe

Photo by Kimberlee Bochek

There is nothing more satisfying than a tuna melt sandy. After you’ve spiced up your canned tuna, add cheese and 2 slices of bread before placing your sandwich in the oven. Once both sides are toasted, don’t be afraid to add a layer of potato chips on top.

Warning: This sandwich is addicting so you might want to make two.

3) Pasta because… duh

tuna salad recipe

Photo by Kimberlee Bochek

I am a firm believer in adding pasta to almost anything, tuna being no exception. Combine tuna, mayonnaise, celery, salt and pepper with any pasta for a quick meal that can be eaten either hot or cold. Also, it’s just as good leftover.

Find Similar Articles Here:
Tuna Salad With Apples, Grapes & Walnuts
Microwave Miracle: Tuna Noodle Casserole 
Tuna TarTare Recipe