We all have our own preferences when it comes to our carnivorous habits. Maybe you’re an avid meat eater, maybe you’re a vegetarian or maybe you fall somewhere in the middle like I do (I prefer meatless dishes, but hey, I’ll eat a good steak every once in a while). But no matter where you fall on the meat spectrum, listen up– Target has a new product just for you.

vegetarian

Photo by Armin Nayak

Recently, Target jumped on board the health-craze train and created a line of meatless meats. The Simply Balanced brand introduced four flavors, which include Teriyaki “chicken”, Mushroom Miso “turkey”, Korean Barbeque “chicken” and Smokey Chipotle “chicken.” All four mouth-watering flavors can be found in the frozen foods section of Target and run for $3.99 a bag.

vegetarian

Photo Courtesy of Target.com

Meat substitutes have recently started gaining popularity throughout the United States as an alternative to meat. Ten years ago, meat alternatives were bland and unenjoyable; however, over the last decade, substitutes and their reception by consumers have both greatly improved. Substitutes often taste exactly like chicken, beef or turkey and can be used in any recipe that calls for meat!

vegetarian

Photo by Armin Nayak

So next time you’re feeling a little adventurous, head on over to Target and pick up a bag of these tasty meals. Not only are they a (arguably) healthier alternative to meat, but they are cheaper as well. Shake things up a bit and give these babies a try. If they’re not your thing, at least you tried something new!