Okay, so if you’re anything like me you tend to overbuy and over-bake, especially cookies. There’s truly never a bad time to make chocolate chip cookies, even if you’ve already baked three batches earlier that day. So just in case you happen to be in the possession of slightly too many cookies to handle all at once, I’ve got your cookie storage questions, answered. Here's how to properly store cookies. 

Chewy Cookies

cookie, raisin, banana, oatmeal, chocolate
Rachel Linder

Looking to keep your chewy cookies moist and soft? Well, an airtight container is certainly the way to do it. If you’re one of the few with actual tupperware in college, that’s perfect. But, for the rest of us unprepared cookie storers, any plastic takeout containers or even a ziplock bag does the job.

#SpoonTip: Make sure to separate the cookies with wax paper if you need to stack ‘em to make sure that they don’t stick together.

Crunchy Cookies 

Maybe you’re more of a fan of crunchy cookies and have an absurd amount in your room that you need to save for later because as hard as you try, you can’t finish them all. These don’t have to stay air-tight. Instead, they can go in a cookie jar (because these can get some air and still keep their crunch).

Works For Both 

cookie, chocolate
Rachel Linder

So, you cookie-d too hard this semester and you decide you need to take a break for a little while. No need to throw those extras away. Whether they’re chewy or crunchy just stick them in an airtight container (aka once again ziplock bags come in clutch) and pop ‘em in the freezer.

cookie, chocolate
Rachel Linder

Then, when you decide you can’t fight the urge anymore and you need those choco-chips stat, just take them out of the freezer and put them on a baking sheet in a roasting oven on low heat. It’ll be like they’re freshly baked all over again. 

No matter if you have soft or crunchy cookies or you're saving them for a few days or a few months, I hope I was able to help my cookie people out, because like I said, this stuff is important.