Nothing is better than that PB&J you used to eat in the lower school cafeteria. I’m sure you remember the peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth and the jelly oozing out onto your fingers (which you proceeded to lick clean). Now that you’re all grown up and in college, it’s time to bring back the PB&J, but with a few modifications. Here are some ways to spice up your sandwich:
1. Panini or grill the sandwich
2. Slather the PB&J on a pancake or waffle
3. Make mini sandwiches on Wheat Thins
4. Use a new kind of jelly—strawberry instead of grape—and a new kind of peanut butter—extra nutty
5. Add Nutella or Marshmallow Fluff
6. Forget the bread and just make a giant spoon full of half peanut butter and half jelly
7. Add fresh slices of banana, apple or strawberry to the sandwich
Last but not least, come make a PB&J sandwich for the homeless of Philly at Jewish Heritage Program’s semiannual PB&J event!
Spoon University will be sponsoring this event on Wednesday, October 15th from 12-4 PM on College Green. Everybody loves a good PB&J, so take one minute out of your day to help someone in need feel like the jolly, finger-licking lower schooler you used to be.