Ever wonder how to make perfect rice without using a rice cooker? Rice provides endless nutritional benefits and can be used in a million and one dishes (hint)! Here’s how you make traditional basmati rice.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
1 cup basmati rice
1 ½ cup water
Pinch of salt
1. Put the rice and water in a pot.
2. Cover and place on a high flame until a rolling boil.
3. Uncover rice, add salt and stir for 1 minute until water subsides.
4. Place on a low-medium flame and re-cover.
5. Remove from stove after about 10 minutes when all water has been absorbed.