So you’re looking to make 2015 your healthiest year yet. But, you have no idea where to begin. Look no further! These healthy swaps will make your New Year’s resolution a successful one.

Cutting back on delicious dishes such as pasta and pizza can be hard at first. However, there is always a healthy alternative to beat those carby cravings. Replacing pasta with zucchini noodles gives a similar texture to spaghetti without weighing you down. It’s also a great way to get more veggies in your diet.

Healthy Snack Alternatives

Photo by Aly Forman

Pizza is a college student’s staple food, so eliminating it completely will do more harm then good. Instead, spread some pasta sauce on a low-carb pita and sprinkle it with cheese. It’ll satisfy your desire for a greasy slice of pizza while keeping you on track.

Healthy Snack Alternatives

Photo by Aly Forman

If you have more of a sweet tooth, it can be difficult to rid your life of all frozen treats. Make sure to opt for lower-fat frozen yogurts instead of full-fat ice cream and you won’t feel like your missing out!

Adding more veggies into your daily diet will provide endless health benefits. However, dunking all your carrots in ranch will end up being more counterproductive then helpful in the long run. Instead, use dips such as salsa and hummus for a more flavorful and satiating addition to your crunchy veggies.

Healthy Snack Alternatives

Photo by Aly Forman

There are endless hacks to make your favorite foods more health oriented, you just have to get creative! Your new years resolution for a healthier lifestyle is not impossible. Just remember to take small steps and you’ll be pleased with the reward in the end.

You should also read:
5 Easy Snacks for Your Dorm Room
10 Healthy Study Snacks
Healthy Study Snacks