Emphasizing and accentuating the lips is a recent trend that's been going viral all over social media. People are infatuated with fillers, lip liners, and let's not forget those signature matte liquid lipsticks. Using too many trendy beauty regimens can have its consequences, though, in the forms of ultra dry, chapped skin and an empty wallet. Luckily, pampering your pout is easier than you think with these homemade lip treatments that won't break the bank.

The two reoccurring ingredients in the recipes, coconut oil and honey, are naturally soothing to the skin. Coconut oil, besides smelling amazing, is used because of its moisturizing qualities and serves as a natural anti-fungal. Honey is antioxidant-rich and ultra moisturizing.Talk about smooth.

1. Coffee Scrub

tea, chocolate, coffee
Rachel Anne Ramos

Ingredients: 1 tsp coffee grounds, 1/2 tsp honey, and 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil.

If, for some reason, your lips are swollen and inflamed, a coffee lip scrub will help alleviate those issues. Coffee is packed with antioxidants. The caffeine constricts blood vessels and causes a reduction in redness, giving you a more perky complexion. Combine the above ingredients and scrub the coffee concoction onto your lips. Then rinse and apply a layer of Chapstick to moisturize.

2. Pink Lemonade Scrub

strawberry, milk
Rachel Anne Ramos

Ingredients: 1/2 Crystal Light packet, 1/2 tsp honey, and 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil.

This is the right way to refresh your lips. If you're a college student like me and don't have sugar on hand, you can use a flavored drink packet. I had a Crystal Light drink mix packet but regular sugar works just as well. Mix all the ingredients together and apply the scrub. It'll remove the dead skills cells and leave your lips rejuvenated. Rinse it off and to apply Chapstick after to moisturize.

3. Chocolate Mask

pudding, dairy product, cream, sweet, milk, chocolate, coffee
Rachel Anne Ramos

Ingredients: Dove Dark chocolate, 1/2 tsp honey, and 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil.

I got a bit creative with this one. This delightful lip treatment not only tastes great, but it's packed with antioxidants, too. Use regular or dark chocolate, and heat it up for twenty seconds in the microwave along with the rest of the ingredients. Let sit for a minute to cool off.  If you're feeling extra adventurous, add one side of an Oreo and crumble it up. Mix it in and this easily becomes a scrub. Apply for five to ten minutes, rinse, and then, you guessed it, add a layer of Chapstick.

4. Peppermint Mask

beer, tea, coffee
Rachel Anne Ramos

Ingredients: 2 drops of peppermint essential oil, 1/2 tsp honey, and 1/2 tsp organic coconut oil.

Feeling stressed and in need of some aroma therapy? This will do the trick. Peppermint helps alleviate stress, and it's also a natural energizer. It will give your lips a slight cooling sensation. Kick back, relax, and let it sit for five to ten minutes. Rinse and apply that Chapstick.

These natural lip remedies are just what your lips need to make it through these long, chilly days. Remember to stay hydrated to prevent chapped lips and exfoliate as needed, especially in the wintertime. Sometimes you have to be creative with what you have, but that doesn't mean you can't treat yourself every once in a while!