What involves intense frustration and lots of inner motivation? All-nighters, the one thing that is seemingly inevitable for us college students, as we’re constantly asked to write papers, study for exams and organize presentations. We’ve got little to no time for anything other than these time-consuming tasks, and that’s why rather than telling you to simply head off to bed early, I’ve got actual solutions for you.

1. Drink Water

all-nighter

Photo courtesy of Jacky Yu on oxiestudios.com

With your eyes glued to the screen — to the essay you were working on — you probably failed to pay any attention to that bottle of Poland Spring that was sitting right next to you, or that once blazing cup of tea you made using the few minutes you pulled aside for yourself.

Consequently, after you miraculously survived this all-nighter, you’re not only exhausted, but exceptionally dehydrated. Therefore, before you start the day, pour yourself an icy-cold cup of water and drink up — deposit several slices of lemon for energy and some flavor.

2. Do 5 Jumping Jacks

all-nighter

Photo by Joyce Xu

Only five jumping jacks and you’ll feel refreshed and vitalized, ready to take on anything that comes your way. Adding this exercise to your typical morning routine won’t hurt, either.

3. Take a Quick Shower

all-nighter

This one’s pretty self-explanatory since a lot of us already take morning showers and some of us won’t even leave the house until we do. But, for those who usually save the showers for the evening, hopping into the shower and sparing five minutes of your morning to wash up is key to alleviating the leftover all-nighter stress.

4. Put on a Comfy Outfit

all-nighter

Photo by Joyce Xu

You spent all night working on a paper and had, to say the least, an hour to sleep, do you really care about how you look the day after? Save your precious time, and throw on a hoodie — one with your school’s logo if you must — and a pair of skinny or baggy sweats.

5. Apply Facial Mist and Lip Moisturizer

all-nighter

Photo by Joyce Xu

These products are essential for anyone who constantly pulls all-nighters. Spray the mist on three times, all over your face, then apply ChapStick, Blistex or Carmex — about anything will work.

If you want to skip this step, that’s alright, too, as this is just a supplementary wake-up call.

6. Eat Breakfast

all-nighter

Photo by Joyce Xu

Making an extreme breakfast isn’t ideal after the night you’ve had, but you surely can’t walk out the house without munching on something. I’m sure you have something edible on that table, in that cabinet or in that fridge. If that isn’t the case, then grab something small on your way to school or when you’ve arrived at school. There’s no way to get through your morning class without that breakfast fuel — something as small as an apple or a banana does wonders.

7. Quickly Make a List of the Things You Need to Get Done

all-nighter

Photo by Joyce Xu

Unsurprisingly, your mind is still on the assignment that you completed but couldn’t look over thoroughly with the pinch of energy you had left in you. With that said, your thoughts are momentarily unorganized, so it’s best to immediately write down all the things you’ve got to get done by the end of the day.

Above all, relax, and remind yourself that you devoted an all-nighter to the fulfillment of your copious college duties — you’ve got this.