Craving something cold and sweet? Here’s a ridiculously easy way to make your own ice cream.Try adding your favorite mix-ins or changing up the flavor of this basic recipe for a delicious, customized treat.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Mix/Freeze Time: 5-15 minutes
Total Time: 10-20 minutes
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup half and half
1 tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup of salt
2 quart-sized Ziploc bags
1 gallon-sized Ziploc bag
1. Mix vanilla, sugar, and half and half together in one of the quart-sized bags.
2. Seal tightly and place the bag into the other quart-sized bag to prevent leakage.
3. Fill the gallon-sized Ziploc bag 3/4 full with ice cubes.
4. Add the salt to the ice bag and shake to mix salt and ice together.
5. Place the double-bagged ice cream mixture into the ice bag, seal tightly and begin shaking.
6. Shake, roll, and massage the bag for 5-7 minutes, or until ice cream has reached soft-serve consistency. For a firmer texture, put the ice cream in the freezer for 10 minutes after shaking.
7. Add any desired toppings and enjoy!