Got leftover meal points? This is probably you:
If you’re wondering what to do with them, here are 9 ways to start spending:
- Try coffee for the first time (props to you for going through college without it). I get the meal plan with more points than swipes so I can use it at the Dunkin Donuts on campus.
- Get your RA a treat- it’s always nice to show your appreciation for all the work they do for you 🙂
- Buy the snacks you need in the marketplace or C-Store instead of going off-campus. It might be more expensive, but this way the meal points won’t go to waste.
- Go eat at the best place on campus. St. John’s University has a Law School Café with amazing food. My friend and I go there at least once or twice a semester for the amazing stir-fry.
- Get something you’ve never had before! We have a Red Mango on campus and I just tried it recently because I have a lot of meal points left. Definitely a good way to spend my money before it’s gone.
- Have any commuter friends? Treat them to a snack or meal on campus. Some of my friends live off-campus and I always feel bad making them come on campus to eat with me since I have a meal plan.
- Pay it forward. Buy something nice for someone else you don’t know or see struggling to pay. Offer to buy their coffee. You doing a nice thing might inspire them to pay it forward for someone else.
- Figure out how much you have left to spend and how many days left in the semester. This helps to figure out exactly how much you can spend each day during the remaining weeks. I know math is hard, but you can do it!
- Treat yourself! You work hard and study hard so it is important to take care of yourself. Buy that milkshake you’ve been dreaming of. Pay that extra dollar to get chocolate chip pancakes. You can do it!
Now that you know what to do with your leftover meal points, go out and spend them!