Everyone likes to indulge and explore Halifax. With many restaurants in town, it’s hard to check them off your list while living on a student budget. Thankfully, there are so many restaurants that have daily specials to accommodate your night on the town.
Why not beat a dreaded Monday with some cheap eats and a cold glass of beer? Thankfully, two great bars in Halifax know how to cure your Monday blues.
- Halifax Alehouse: pitcher of beer and 10 piece chicken wings for $14 between 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Split Crow: 1/2 price burger after 4:30pm
Halifax groceries stores really understand students. 10% student deals are great for that Tuesday morning reality check from your drunk weekend binge. Why not stop for some great food before hand because who really has time to shop and cook in one day.
- Halifax Alehouse: pitcher of beer and ribs for $14 between 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Fickle Frog: $2 tacos
- Lion and Bright: two beers and a flatbread for $20 between 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Split Crow: $0.50 per wing
- Heartwood: 2 for 1 on Heartwood Bowls
- 10% off groceries at Sobeys and Atlantic Superstore with a Student ID
Wednesdays, you’re half way through the week but the weekend still seems so far away. Many restaurants offer great Wednesday deals to cure your craving.
- Halifax Alehouse: pitcher and 10 piece chicken wings for $14 between 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Fickle Frog: 60oz pitcher and 12 inch pizza for $20
- Talay Thai: 10% off with a Student ID
- Split Crow: $6 for a 9 inch pizza
- Your Father’s Moustache: 1/2 price wings
- Grawood: $0.49 per wing
Halifax knows how to do Thirsty Thursdays. Whats better than tones of wings, nachos and a few pitchers to wash it all down?
- Halifax Alehouse: pitcher and nachos for $14 between 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Bubba Rays Sports Bar: $0.49 per wing after 5:00pm
- Freeman’s: $0.69 per wing
- HFX Sports Bar: 1/2 price wings and $12 jumbo pitchers
- Mexicali Rosa’s: $8 nachos
- Your Father’s Moustache: $0.50 per wing
- Grawood: $6.50 for a burger, fries and draft beer
- Split Crow: Molson Canadian Power Hour ($2.50) between 9:00pm-10:00pm
Celebrate the end of the week with a nice meal or drinks for the group. Thankfully, many restaurants offer great steaks that won’t hurt your wallet or stellar drink deals to start your night off right.
- Halifax Alehouse: two steaks and fries for $14 between 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Fickle Frog: $5 mussels
- Your Father’s Moustache: Surf and Turf Night
- Split Crow: $3.75 for craft beer before 7:00pm, 3 for $10 Jagerbombs after 9:00pm
- Tempo Food + Drink: $6 martinis
Homework? On Saturdays that doesn’t exist. Treat yourself to finger food and drinks at some great location around town. Everyone deserves a little Splittie’s Power Hour.
- Halifax Alehouse: pitcher and 10 wings for $14 between 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Mexicali Rosa’s: pitcher of sangria for $10 after 8:00pm
- Your Father’s Moustache: 1/2 price nachos
- Split Crow: Molson Canadian Power Hour ($2.50) between 4:30pm-5:30pm
Sundays; either keep celebrating the weekend or indulge is some great breakfast. Once again, Halifax really knows how to end a weekend.
- Halifax Alehouse: pitcher and ribs for $14 between 4:30pm-10:00pm
- Fickle Frog: $5 breakfast
- HFX Sports Bar: 1/2 price wings
All Week Deals
Thankfully some of the restaurants in Hali are friendly to your wallet everyday. Who can resist $10 sushi or a $5 meal out?
- Wasabi House: happy hour sushi deals after 9:00pm ($10.95 for 2 rolls on the Happy Hour Menu)
- Greek Village: 10% off with your Student ID
- Agricola St. Brasserie: burger happy hour and $5 drinks between 4:00pm-6:00pm
- Auction House: $5 appetizers between 4:30pm-6:30pm