It’s Sunday morning and you have a paper and two tests in the upcoming week. You want to crawl back in bed but rush to the library at the same time. Your head is pounding and your throat is a little sore. As the day goes on you realize these symptoms aren’t going away. The truth sets in: you’re getting sick. You’ve been getting an inadequate amount of sleep – because what college student gets those recommended 8 hours these days? – and have been running around nonstop. It shouldn’t be a surprise that your immune system is failing you. Nevertheless, you panic.

The solution to this cycle that could very well repeat itself every Sunday: Emergen-C. It’s a Vitamin C boost that can quickly give your immune system the kick it needs to get back on track and plow through those tests. Before I continue, I’d like to point out that Emergen-C is low in sodium, uses purified fructose rather than high fructose corn syrup, contains zero aspartame and uses natural coloring ingredients like vegetable juice color. This isn’t some synthetic, unhealthy syrup. And on top of that, it really does work.

Just one pack of the flavored powder contains 1,000 mg of Vitamin C and it’s an immune boosting dose you’ll be thankful for. Simply mix Emergen-C with water and dilute it as much as you’d like. Some prefer to take it like a shot and get it over with, while others opt to put it in Smart Water because they enjoy the taste.

before sick

Photo by Ari Richman

You know how we’re always encouraged to eat fruits and vegetables? Part of the reason for this is because many of them are high in Vitamin C. Unfortunately, the meal plan can make it slightly difficult for us to get our daily-recommended dosage. So, taking a packet of Emergen-C every day (or when you feel like you might be getting sick) is the perfect supplement. 

Okay so where can you get these lifesavers? Munchie Mart sells them, which is probably the most convenient location and lowest price you can buy them for, but if you’re like me and you want to have a plentiful supply, go to CVS. You can get a 30-pack for less than $15 or a 90-pack for less than $30. It might seem a little expensive, but when you start buying NyQuil, cough drops and endless other medicines to get rid of your various sicknesses, the prices will add up and you’ll still be getting sicker by the day. Before long, you’ll be wishing you had taken Emergen-C.

Are You In Need of Some Emergen-C?

1. How many hours of sleep do you get on an average week night?

2. How about the weekends?

3. How many times do you work out per week?

4. What is your ideal meal?

5. How many of your friends are sick right now?