Still on that spring break diet and finding it hard to stick to it now that you’re back at school? Want to stop eating those made-to-order quesadillas and that freshly baked pasta, but just can’t seem to find a healthier (but still tasty) option? Well, this is the article for you! Here is the insiders guide to healthy, balanced eating around Central for all you health-conscious students. From salads to almond milk lattes, these options will be sure to keep that spring break bod in shape for the summer.

1) Made-to-Order Salads

healthy cornell

Photo by Jacky Falkenberg

Whether you’re a hard-core Terrace salad fan or a die-hard Trillium salad addict, made-to-order salads are always a safe bet when on a diet. Plus, you get to pick your own toppings and lite-dressing! Oakenshields also has a decent make-your-own salad bar if you’re looking to use meal swipes… and how could you pass up their homemade vinagrette.

2) Celery and Carrot Cups with Hummus

Luckily, this option works no matter where you are on campus, seeing as these veggie cups are available at most cafes on Central.  Though they may not be the most filling, they’re definitely a better snack than that extra slice of pizza. Besides, these celery and carrot cups seem to be the only readily-available vegetables around central, and who doesn’t like hummus?

As a side note, if you’re feeling ambitious, you can make your own!

3) Smoothies

healthy cornell

Photo by Jacky Falkenberg

Both Mac’s in Statler and Synapsis in the Biology Quad make killer smoothies; however, Synapsis takes home the prize for offering green smoothies with spinach. Mac’s makes its smoothies with yogurt and lots of fresh fruit, but in the end, Synapsis’ add-ins (multivitamins, fat burners, etc.) make the extra walking worthwhile.

4) Almond Milk Lattes

If you’re getting tired of those soy milk lattes, Libe Cafe in Olin actually offers almond milk for those who ask. Not only does it make your drinks taste better, but it can be about a third of soy milk’s calories. Also try the steamers made with almond milk if you don’t need the caffeine!

5) Salmon Salad

healthy cornell

Photo by Jacky Falkenberg

Lastly, Martha’s wins the gold with their limited time only grilled salmon salads. With its delicious salmon, chickpeas, beets, and carrots covered in a citrus ginger dressing, this salad is hard to beat. For all you Pescetarians, Mediterranean dieters, or fish lovers, the grilled salmon salad is definitely a must have.

[divider_1px]

More good stuff here: