1. Chocolate Covered Banana

dessert

Photo by Catherine Curran

Who knew you could make your own chocolate covered banana in the DC?! To make this satisfying treat, place chocolate chips in a bowl and add a packet of butter on top. Microwave the chocolate chips until melted (about 45 seconds). Stir the chocolate and then peel your banana. Dip your banana in the chocolate and use a spoon to make sure your banana is fully covered in chocolate. Once covered, it is time to choose your topping. Cover your banana in sprinkles, chocolate chips, nuts, or leave it plain. To make your eating experience easier, grab stirrers from the coffee station and stick them in the bottom of your banana. This treat is a bit messy but definitely worth it.

2. Chipwich

dessert

Photo by Catherine Curran

While milk and cookies are great, why not step up your daily cookie routine at lunch and make a chipwich? Grab two cookies (any kind), a scoop of ice cream (any flavor), and make an ice cream sandwich! You can dip your sandwich in chocolate chips, sprinkles, or nuts. The possibilities are endless…and delicious.

3. Banana Split

dessert

Photo by Catherine Curran

Why wait for Sundae Sunday when you can make your own banana split any day of the week? Just place a banana in a bowl, grab a few scoops of vanilla ice cream, a scoop of strawberry ice cream, sprinkle on a few walnuts, and drizzle with chocolate sauce. This dessert is so good, be prepared if your friends ask to split it with you.

4. Baked Apples

dessert

Photo by Catherine Curran

Not in the mood for something chocolatey? Make a baked apple! Slice up an apple (any type works), sprinkle on a few dashes of cinnamon, pour on a packet of sugar, toss in a handful of craisins, and top with a couple of walnuts. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and microwave for a minute and thirty seconds. Feel free to add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top to complete your mouthwatering dessert.

5. Nutella and Banana Quesadilla

dessert

Photo by Catherine Curran

You have probably made a cheese quesadilla for lunch or dinner in the DC, but have you ever made a dessert quesadilla? Your life is about to change for the better. Grab a soft shell tortilla, spread on a thick layer of Nutella, and place slices of banana on one half of the tortilla. Fold up your quesadilla and let it heat up in the panini press. After a few minutes, take it out of the press, cut it in half, and top with ice cream. Feel free to go wild and put both Nutella and peanut butter in there.