Chocolate milk is probably the best drink out there — I would take a glass of chocolate milk over a glass of wine any day (okay, almost any day). But is it possible for chocolate milk to be even better?

I decided to try 19 completely random chocolate milk combinations to find out if chocolate milk can get any tastier — mango puree and chocolate milk, am I right?

1. Hot Sauce

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Okay this combo is freakin’ genius. I would say it’s creamy with a lil kick, and much better than I expected. Definitely a must-try.

2. Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

A fruity, tangy twist. I really like this combo, but you need to squeeze an entire orange into your glass to actually taste the fruitiness.

3. Cinnamon

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Chocolate and cinnamon, there might not be a better pairing. The cinnamon turns the chocolate milk into a spicy but sweet drink. You’ve gotta try it.

4. Coconut Cream

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Okay, coconut cream and chocolate milk alone is not a good mix… it’s not nearly sweet enough. Try pouring in a lil maple syrup to give the beverage back its sweetness or maybe replace the coconut cream with coconut milk? TBD…

5. Milk and Cookies Ice Cubes

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Chocolate milk with cookies and cream ice cubes is the #bomb. Get the recipe for these ice cubes here, but I recommend using chocolate milk instead of regular milk for some extra chocolatey goodness. You defintely gotta try this drankkk.

6. Whipped Cream

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

This one is a no brainer. Whipped cream makes your chocolate milk extra creamy. Mix in a huge dollop then top it off with some more. And definitely feel free to squeeze some right into your mouth.

7. Vanilla Extract

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

In my head this sounded like an awesome creation, but I think I put waaaay too much vanilla into my drink. So I recommend adding one tiny drop of vanilla extract to give your chocolate milk a slightly cake-y flavor. I repeat, the tiniest drop ever. Emphasis on tiny.

8. Mango Puree

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Hahah… Seriously do not try. Chocolate covered dried mangos are awesome, but mango chocolate milk is not. It is not good. Truly disgusting… Very weird texture, even weirder taste.

9. Cookie Butter

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Cookie butter and chocolate milk sounds like a great idea, but it’s actually way harder to make than I thought. Make sure you use a whisk to really incorporate the buttttaaaa. But once the cookie butter is fully mixed in, this drink is killer.

10. Crushed Peanut Butter Cups

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Grab a spoon for this drankkk. Blend a small handful of peanut butter cups with a glass of chocolate milk for a creamy, nutty, chocolatey drink. This is a serious must-try.

11. Condensed Milk

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

I’m in love — madly in love. Adding a lil condensed milk will make your chocolate milk extra sweet and extra creamy. Omg, deeeelish. Can I drink this every morning for breakfast?

12. Peanut Butter

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Peanut butter + chocolate milk = a sweet, nutty delight. Make sure you use natural peanut butter — so not Jif or Skippy — to get the best consistency (since natural peanut butter is runny at room temperature). Also, make sure it’s blended, like, reallllly well. You’ll want at least two glasses of this bad boy.

13. Cayenne Pepper

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Personally, this combo isn’t my thing (although I did love hot sauce and chocolate milk). But I do know people that would really enjoy cayenne pepper in their chocolate milk. Prepare for a lil kick at the back of your throat.

14. Salt

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Whoever introduced the sweet and salty combo is freakin’ genius. Sprinkle some salt into your chocolate milk, or enjoy your chocolate milk margarita style and salt the rim of your glass. So good. An absolute must-try.

15. Ginger

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Lol this one is gross… I had high hopes for ginger, but no. It tastes like your poured chocolate milk over your chicken stir fry… Do not waste your time on this one. Hard pass.

16. Caramel Sauce

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Caramel and chocolate — what could be more awesome? This drink is a richer, sweeter version of chocolate milk, and I would highly recommend it.

17. Whoppers

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Toss crushed Whoppers into your glass and let them absorb some of the chocolate milk. And then enjoy. You might want to grab a spoon for this one.

18. Nutella

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Add a spoonful (or two) of Nutella to your chocolate milk to make it extra chocolatey, but make sure you use a whisk to make sure there aren’t any huge Nutella globs. This might be my favorite… So far.

19. Honey

chocolate milk

Photo by Megan Prendergast

I imagine if you are able to properly incorporate the honey, it would be delicious. But I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to do it. So if you figure out how, go for it.

The verdict? Well, good ole chocolate milk can actually taste better than it already does. The winners are…

3. Whipped Cream

2. Condensed Milk

1. Nutella (because, duh)