If there were an 'extremely easy' option for recipe difficulty on this website, this dessert would fall into that category. The effort-benefit relationship for this holiday "recipe" is amazing. In just a few short steps, you can easily create the perfect Christmas treat in an aesthetically pleasing chocolate-covered Oreo.

If you aren't a fan of peppermint or white chocolate, try using milk chocolate and decorating with a drip of white chocolate, or just some rainbow jimmies. However, I promise you will be pleasantly surprised at how easily you can take the classic Oreo to a completely different level. And best of all, this recipe is completely dorm-room friendly! So if you don't have a stove or microwave to melt the chocolate, check out another option here.

#SpoonTip: Make sure to have some pretzels or fresh fruit around to dip in the leftover chocolate.

White Chocolate-Covered Oreos with Candy Cane Topping

• 1 box Double Stuf Oreos
  • 1 pound white chocolate baking disks
  • crushed peppermint
  • sprinkles
  • tinfoil or wax paper
candy, chocolate
Julia Slisz

Melt the chocolate using either a glass bowl and a microwave or over a boiling pot of water. If microwaving, start off in increments of one minute and stir after each run, until it is fully melted, as microwaves vary. For the fancier option, set a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water and stir until thoroughly melted.

cream, milk, sweet, dairy product, chocolate, whipped cream, pudding
    Julia Slisz

Using a fork, dip Oreos into the melted chocolate one by one until they are satisfactorily covered.

chocolate cake, cream, cake, chocolate
    Julia Slisz

Set aside on parchment paper or aluminum foil to cool.

cake, chocolate, cream
    Julia Slisz

Immediately sprinkle with candy cane pieces or sprinkles of your choice. Let cool for at least 15 minutes, or until completely hardened.

cream cheese, cinnamon
    Julia Slisz

And just like that you're ready for any holiday party where everyone will be asking, "who made these?" They also serve as a fun gift for the special people in your life. Plus, rumor has it that Santa goes crazy if you leave these by the fireplace come Christmas Eve.