College is like a pitri dish, and that nasty cold circulating around your dorm, apartment or house, never seems to really go away. Luckily, Chicken Soup for the Wahoo’s Soul, a club headed by first-year, Andie Goodman, and supported by Chabad, is here to deliver the world’s most effective medicine… for free.

chicken soup

Photo courtesy of staceysnacksonline.com

Chicken soup is known as the most longstanding form of penicillin, and this club hand-makes delicious soup with matzoh balls on Monday nights and then proceeds to deliver it right to your dorm. It is completely free and unbelievably tasty. You can order the soup for yourself or order it for a friend, since it really is the best form of comfort food.

All you have to do is fill out the order form on this link and at the snap of your fingers, hot, comforting soup is waiting outside your door. Most importantly, it tastes is as if your grandma made it herself.

chicken soup

Photo courtesy of chabadofcharlottesville.org

When talking to Andie Goodman about why she started the club as a first semester first-year, she said, “I really wanted a club that would allow me to do something I feel is important and valuable. Chicken Soup for the Wahoo Soul has helped me connect with so many different people on grounds, and it feels good to give back to the community in a unique way. Not to mention, who doesn’t like making matzoh balls?”

chicken soup

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Anyone can participate in Chicken Soup for the Wahoo Soul by coming to help make the soup and matzoh balls Monday night at Chabad. It’s quick and fun, and starting your week by giving back to the community has to send some good vibes towards that really hard test on Thursday, right?

This seems to be one of UVA’s best-hidden gems, because really, we all want some homemade, tasty and free soup – whether we are actually sick or not.