A great cheese display makes almost any party instantly better. Because there are so many different types, it can be pretty difficult to know what to pair with all the various cheeses. With that being said, let’s talk cheese boards. You’ll want to choose between three to five cheeses that have different textures and flavors, including sharp, creamy, bold, or smoky.

The pairings should compliment or bring out the distinct taste of each cheese. Throw a winning and maybe slightly pretentious) cheese partayYyYy with these tips, and the best part is, you can find everything listed below at your local Trader Joe’s.

1. Brie/Raspberry-Apricot Jelly/Crackers

cheese

Photo by MaryRachel Bulkeley

With it’s delicious flavor and creamy consistency, Brie is popular for its soft texture. Pair it with fancy crackers and a raspberry-apricot jelly spread to bring the sweet and creamy tastes together.

2. Chèvre Bleu/Pear Slices/Honey

cheese

Photo by MaryRachel Bulkeley

Chèvre, or goat cheese, is known for its unique, light flavor. Pair it with pear slices and honey for a fresh taste.

3. Blue Cheese/Dried Cranberries

cheese

Photo by MaryRachel Bulkeley

The strong and funky taste of blue cheese can be contrasted by pairing it with a dark berry. Try out dried cranberries or cherries.

4. White Cheddar/Caramelized Walnuts

cheese

Photo by MaryRachel Bulkeley

This sharp cheese is a crowd pleaser. Pair it with sweet caramelized walnuts to bring out the salty flavors of this cheese. This one is seriously addicting.

5. Smoked Aged Gouda/Red Wine Salami

cheese

Photo by MaryRachel Bulkeley

Who doesn’t love gouda?! Pair it with Red Wine Salami to contrast the cheese’s sweet and nutty flavors.

Are you a total cheese lover? Check these out: