If you are an Instagram troll like me and follow a million food accounts based in New York City, you may have stumbled upon one of the many pictures at Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar. Just about every basic in the city flocks here to take a snap of the Ice Pop drinks against the backdrop of the Hudson River and the Statue of Liberty.

Popsicle Ice Pops New York Eugene Drunk

Photo courtesy of @atiyeh_ on Instagram

I was actually lucky enough to go to NYC for a week this summer and I made it a mission to try one of these beautiful beverages while I was there. However, after ordering and realizing that the price was $22-25 for ONE of those drinks, I realized how truly easy this would be to recreate at home. So when I returned to Eugene, I went with some homies to Safeway and picked up three bottles and three boxes of popsicles and decided to experiment during a hot weekend. And it went very well.

Popsicle Ice Pops New York Eugene Drunk

Photo by Alice Jones

So for under $50 we were able to recreate the menu pretty easily using all Barefoot Bubbly brand wines and Open Nature brand popsicles from the Safeway on 18th Avenue. We paired the prosecco with Orange Mango, the champagne with Strawberry and the pink Moscato with the Mixed Berry.

Popsicle Ice Pops New York Eugene Drunk

Photo by Alice Jones

The plus is that that the popsicles keep the drink cold while simultaneously melting and flavoring the alcohol. It was a challenge to get good pics on such a hot day before they melted, but that just meant making more drinks for the ladies and they weren’t complaining.

Popsicle Ice Pops New York Eugene Drunk

Photo by Alice Jones

So all and all these are seriously so easy make! You just drop a pop in a glass and fill it with your choice of sparkling wine for a dope summer refreshment. Our favorite with the Strawberry and champagne combo, but the Orange Mango with prosecco was a close second.

Popsicle Ice Pops New York Eugene Drunk

Photo by Alice Jones

Cheers to a summer filled with good friends, dank food and cheap drinks!