Chips and guac may be a match made in heaven, but guacamole is so much more than just a dip. The refreshing, creamy, pretty green mixture has so much versatility and so much potential. To give you some inspiration, here are seven unexpected ways to you can use guacamole in your favorite foods.

1. As soup

Guacamole

Photo courtesy of huffingtonpost.com

Do you have leftover guacamole sitting in the fridge? Blend it up before it turns an ugly brown color and transform it into soup. It may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of guacamole, but adding some water, lemon juice, and milk make for a cold and refreshing soup to enjoy on a hot summer day.

2. As a sandwich spread

Guacamole

Photo by Gabby Phi

If you’re putting avocado slices on your sandwiches, you shouldn’t have any problem slathering on some guacamole in substitute for regular mayo. It’ll have the same creaminess, but its added freshness will make your sandwich that much better.

3. In egg salad

Guacamole

Photo by Paige Marie Rodgers

Mayo can often feel too heavy, but the lighter guacamole works just as well as the glue to any egg salad. With its bits of tomatoes, onions and cilantro, it can add more flavor than plain mayo as well.

4. As salad dressing

Guacamole

Photo courtesy of popsugar.com

If you’re looking for a quick way to add a twist to your salads, using guacamole is the way to go. Add some olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice and guacamole to make a nice guacamole vinaigrette for an easy upgrade to your regular ranch dressing.

5. As pizza sauce

Guacamole

Photo courtesy of thecookiewriter.com

Don’t think Domino’s or Papa John’s will be picking up on this soon, but you can try using guacamole as your pizza sauce in the comfort of your own home. Simply treat the guacamole as any tomato base and pile on your toppings.

6. In hummus

Guacamole

Photo by Keni LIn

A dip within a dip. It’s not quite as complex as Inception, but blending up some chickpeas along with some guacamole using a regular hummus recipe can add some complexity to an ordinary hummus dip to complement chips and veggies alike.

7. As pasta sauce

Guacamole

Photo by Mulin Xiong

With the color of pesto and smoothness of Alfredo, guacamole brings the best of both worlds as a yummy sauce to coat your noodles in.