So Chipotle may have had a few E. Coli scares lately, but–as of this month’s announcement from the CDC–I’m more than ready to head back to my guac and salsa-filled nirvana. Since it may have been a while since your last Chipotle run, here are some tips to get you back on your game.

1. If you get a veggie burrito or bowl, guacamole is free.

chipotle

Photo Courtesy of Chipotle Mexican Grill

This one speaks for itself.

2. Ask for half and half of two meats to maximize the amount of food you get.

chipotle

We all know that it’s hard to decide what kind of meat to get when we go to Chipotle. Ask for a half-scoop of two different meats. You are virtually guaranteed to get more meat than if you were to just ask for one type. This also works for beans.

3. There is a secret menu.

chipotle

Photo by KittyKaht on Flickr

The Internet seems to always be ranting about the mythic “quesarito” or “burritodilla.” It’s also rumored that they have nachos–just ask for chips as the base of a burrito bowl instead of rice.

4. Add extra rice, beans and salsa to your meal for no extra charge.

chipotle

This goes for any of the staples, from rice to beans to lettuce to salsa. The only time you pay more is for meat or guac.

5. Ask for free fajita veggies in any dish.

chipotle

Fajita veggies are one of the hidden wonders of the Chipotle. No one really knows about them or sees them, but they add a ton of flavor and substance to your meal, and are always a free add-on.

6. Order a burrito bowl with a tortilla on the side and make your own burrito for two meals in one.

chipotle

This requires a little more effort than eating at Chipotle usually does, but the extra food is worth it, trust me. It’s common knowledge that you end up with more food if you order a burrito bowl instead of a burrito. The next time you go in, order all of your usual burrito fillings in a burrito bowl and ask for an extra tortilla or two on the side. You could have a few meals covered for the price of one!

#SpoonTip: Ask the Chipotle employee to put a tortilla at the bottom of your bowl so that a lot of the burrito making is already done for you.

7. Ask for guac on the side of your meal instead of in it and you’ll get more for your money.

chipotle

Asking for guacamole on the side costs the same amount as having it added to your dish and you get a full container’s worth, which is always significantly more than they put directly into a burrito, bowl or taco.