Quinoa is regarded as one of the most nutritious foods you can put in your body, but it’s honestly harder to cook than it is to spell. So, we compiled some quick tips on how to prepare this amazing protein so you absorb every ounce of super food goodness.

There are multiple flavors of quinoa including red, white, and black. But if you are just starting off, stick with white as it has the most standard flavor.

1. Rinse

Quinoa

Gif by Shawn You

Rinsing quinoa with water allows the grains to open up for water absorption and it removes any bitter powder from being cooked.

2. Cook

Quinoa

Gif by Shawn You

Cook quinoa in chicken stock or vegetable stock to increase depth of flavor. Water can also be used as a substitute.

3. Fluff

Quinoa

Gif by Shawn You

Do not fluff the quinoa until the liquid has been completely absorbed. This allows for maximum flavor and you’ll know when it’s ready when you see tiny spirals forming.

4. Serve

Quinoa

Gif by Shawn You

Once all the water has been absorbed and you see the tiny spirals (germ) separating from the wrapping of the grain, the quinoa is ready. Use a fork to serve for the best results.